Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Let's End the Summer With some Indirect Grilled Chicken





Hello to all my foodie friends out there  in Web Land, hope all is good.  Well we are coming to the end of summer for 2013 and I don't know about you but my summer has been very busy.  We took a couple fun trips with family and friends.  We spent some real prime time with our grand children.  Am on a break for this season of the Cooking With MadJon and Friends show and we will finish up season four with the holiday shows coming up to be filmed.  Excited about that and I think we will be doing some holiday B.B.Q. with friend and I'll see if I can get my Chef Vern Bother In Law to come on and cook some of his great food in his Minnesota style for you.  I do three holiday specials for each season and we will be filming at the end of October after the football season ends.  Any who one of the last shows I did this year was a chicken cook with Indirect grilling which simple is that you cook your meat with one heat source cut off or no direct heat under your meat.  If you have never cooked your meat this way it gives you a more moist cut of meat with a crispy outer coating.  This is my favorite way to cook meat.  You heat your grill up to about 350 degrees and when its hot you turn off one side of the heat source and place your meat on that side skin up and cook it for about 2 hours or until the meat reaches a temperature of 165 degrees for poultry.
I hope you give this recipe and get ready to surprise yourself and your guest.  Its so easy to cook with indirect heat.  Happy trails to you until we meet again and please come like my fan page on face book and watch the shows at aikenstandard.tv




Indirect Heat B.B.Q. Chicken

Season 04

Esp. 19

Recipe # 63

1 Chicken, cut in half

Salt and Pepper to taste

Garlic and Onion Powders

Smoked Paprika

1 cup B.B.Q. sauce

Cut your chicken in half and dry it on both sides of the meat.  Dust it with salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.  Make sure you give it a good coating on both sides of the meat.  Then you are to place it on your grill, bone side down so your skin is on top.  You are to place it on the side of the grill that you cut off.  This process will take about 2 hours to cook the chicken but I tell you it makes it moist and very tasty.  I coat the chicken with my favorite B.B.Q. sauce while it’s still cooking, so I coat it for the last ½ hour of cooking time.  With Poultry you want to check and make sure that the chicken is done, that means no blood flowing.  The desired temperature reached for doneness of chicken should be 165 degrees.  Bon’a Y’all

No comments:

Post a Comment