Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Brian's Rosemary Roast Pork With Honey

Hello foodies out there in web land its MadJon again and I hope all is well.  Here in South Carolina we have had lots of ran and the last couple of days reminds me that fall is just around the corner and that brings with it the thought of comforts foods, a warm fire, and a glass or two of wine, your choice of coarse.  Any who we are here to talk about making a roast pork and we had a family get together with my niece and her family last Sunday to celebrate her hubby getting finished with his treatments in good health.  We did the family thing like play hand and foot and playing it for hours, of coarse nobody was wanting to loose.  We played teams and our team won with Bug as our captain leading us to victory!  Any who, I roasted a pork loin and named it in Brian's honor.  I named it Brian's Rosemary Roast Pork With Honey.  Well I looked up the cooking term of Roasting meat and am so confused lots of different ways to cook roast I guess.  To me, roasting a cut of meat means that you use a dry heat in an opened oven with the meat seasoned and placed on a rack so the heat cooks on all sides of the meat and its not resting in a pot..  The meat is not covered so it can caramelize to a nice brown color.  A roasting meat is one that you want to slice after cooking.  You should always let your meat rest before slicing to help keep the juices inside your meat.  I used fresh Rosemary but you can use dry rosemary if you wish, just read your container to see how much to use, Remember that dried herbs are stronger then fresh herbs so use less of them and remember to crush the herbs to relish the oils to bring out their flavors.  Any who I added about 1 cup of whie wine in a pan with the drippings from the pan and cooked it until it was reduced to about half of the sauce.  Enjoy this recipe and write me with any recipe ideas at madjon51@aol.com.  Go view my TV shows at aikenstandard.tv and I would love you to give me a follow on my blog as well.  I've had now over 9,000 views so share me please.
       

 

Brian’s Honey Pork Loin

 1/4 cup Honey

 1/4 cup Olive Oil

 1/2 cup Mustard Base BBQ

 1/2 cup White Wine

 

 Mix all together and set aside.

 

 5 Sprigs fresh Rosemary

 

 4 Pounds of Pork Loin

 Dust pork with Onion and Garlic Powders

 dust pork with

 Salt and Pepper to taste

 

 Place pork in a pan and add your sauce and let it rest for about three hours. Then pre-heat your oven to about 325 degrees and place your rested pork onto a rack in a roasting pan and top it with the rest of the honey, BBQ, and top it with the Rosemary sprigs and roast uncovered until you get a temp on the pork at 145.

 1/4 cup honey

 1/2 Mustard Based BB@

 When your pork is cooked let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes and then add your 1 cup of extra wine to your meat drippings and cook until your wine has reduced. If you ahve any questions on this recipe just give me a yell at madjon51@aol.com Also I think you could add some Bacon to this dish and it would be great tasting as well. Make sure you salt and pepper your meat to bring out the flavors. Bona Y'all.
Hope you try this recipes and enjoy the other post I've added to my blog.  Share me please its free to share.  Comment if you like.  Happy Trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment