Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Brussels Sprouts Full of Flavor Fall and School Starting

Hello there to all my foodie friends out there in web land its MadJon again and to day we are going to be writing about one of fall's best vegetables, Brussels Spouts.  This is one of my hubby's favorite green vegetables to eat.  Little cabbages is what I call them however am getting ahead of myself here I want to talk to you about what a hard day I had today with being a learning coach for our grand daugther who is a senior this year and has decided to stay home and be taught at my house this year..  I didn't know how hard it is to be a learning coach for her or anyone.  I have to work right along with her and it took me a while to do the orientation today and then sitting next to her to help her study well its been a lot of years since school and now they are teaching allot more subjects then we dealt with in high school.  She has like seven classes and shes taking French, statistics, English 12, and Psychology of all things.  Plus a couple other glasses.  What an exciting time this will be.  I plan on learning right along side her, already learned a few news things today.  Any who we are going to have a good time together for which an grateful.  Let's get back to our Brussels Spouts, did you know that spouts can grow in the center of your cabbage head after you cut it.  They seem to grow on a stem, so my friend has been telling me.  alos Brusells Spoouts can be Roasted using this recipe as well.  Any who I've made Brussels Spout for the TV shows a few times and this is one of my favorite recipes to make.  Ir ts easy and the spouts are very tasty cooked this way.  By the way just to meantion that my grand son started nineth grade this year and boy was he nerious.


Brussels Spouts with Bacon

1 package Brussels Spouts, cleaned and cut in half
4 sliced cooked Bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 cloves minced Garlic
3 Tbls. Butter
3 Tbls. Sugar
1/4 cup Wine Vinegar or White Wine

Cook bacon and set aside.  Heat the butter and add the garlic and brussels spouts to the pan.  Salt and pepper spouts to taste.  Add the sugar and mix the spouts.  Add the wine or wine vinegar to the pan and cook until the wine is reduced.  Add in the crisp bacon and stir.  Hope you enjoy this recipe and come like my blog and my fan page on face book, "Cooking With MadJon and Friends".  Hope your school year started off great and continues for the full school year.  Happy Trails to you until we meet again.



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment