Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer's End Stuffed Fried Okra With Cheese and Jalapeno Peppers

Well hello to all you foodies out there in web land, its MadJon again with another neat recipe. I hope all is well and school is under way for you all.   I have been busy planting my garden for fall and I put in Cabbage,  Rutabaga, Spinach, and Purple Tip Turnips.  I planted them about 3 days ago and they are starting to come up out of the earth.  Yea.  Chicken Poop really works!  I also added Epsom Salt-Magnesium Sulfate- a wonderful compound.  We added Lime as well.  The Okra plants are over 6' tall, amazing isn't it?  I will take some pictures when the plants come up more.  We have had so much okra, its coming out of our ears.  I have try ed a few new recipes this year and I liked all of them.  One is a french style and its kind of like stewed Okra Texas style with rice cooked in it.  I made it a Indian style which was good as well.  So I decided to make it stuffed so first I had to clean out the seed pods from the Okra and then I boiled it for about 2-3 minutes.  You cut the heads off the Okra, then cut a split on the side of the pod.  Then remove most of the seeds, boil, drain and let pods cool.  Then you fill them with the cheese mixture, dip it in beaten eggs and a dry mixture of corn meal and bread crumbs.  Fry it in oil till golden brown and it is fab baby fab!  Am willing to give you the recipe so here goes.

MadJon's Stuff Fried Okra:

10 pods fresh Okra, split and cleaned
2 ozs. Feta Cheese
4 ozs. Monterrey Jack Cheese, finely grated
2 Jalapenos, finely minced
1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
2 beaten Eggs

Dry Mixture:

1 C. Italian Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Corn Meal Mix
1 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2 Strips Crisp Cooked Bacon (Optional)

Clean and cut the Okra and remove most of the seed pods.  Mix the cheese's, jalapenos, and seasonings, together, for the wet ingredients, pulse with a blender would be nice to use, you want it smaller to stuff easier,  then fill the Okra where you split the side of the pod.  Then mix the dry ingredients with spices all together till well blended. Then roll a filled Okra in egg and then in the dry mixture and place in hot oil and fry till golden brown.

I hope you try this recipe and please let me know what you think of them. I love hearing from you all, write me at madjon51@aol.com and please watch me TV show at http://aikenstandard.com/astv/madjon/ .  Visit me on my Fan Page on Face book, "Cooking With Madjon and Friends".  Am in a rush am baking something in the oven for tonight and I need to finish.  Just want to say Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Just remember that if you have a dream don't let anyone stand in your way of it.  Sometimes my hubby or relatives are the ones that stand in my way.  Just push them aside and keep climbing that ladder to your dreams.  Hugs, Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment