Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Is It Dinner or Supper? Aiken Brewing Company And Beer Bread

Well hello to all my foodies friends out there in webland I hope all is well and that we all got though Labor day just fine.  Summer's weather will be leaving us soon an dI for one will be missing it.  I love the HOT and I don't mean fire.  We are going to talk about a recipe I developed from a TV show we did with the Aiken Brewing Company located in downtown Aiken.  Which I must say has some great tasting brewed Beer,  They were nice enought to let us come in on a Sunday and film the show and I say a great Big Thanks.  They were jsut great and I had alot of free beer and am not complaining but I had a show to talk about and it was kind of hard after about three-fourths of the way though it.  Anywho we also got to watch them make their signature Beer Cheese Soup which I must say was very tastey and we had a beer or two to get it down.  Someone should have followed me home. Anywho it was great fun to watch them and they gave me some samples of the grains that they use to brew the beer with so I made up a recipe for the next TV show I did with the grains that they gave me, which reminds me I need to go see if they have any of the morsels left after brewing on Sunday, just kidding.  I will have to add a Pinch of Herbs to the next Beer Bread that I make.  Anywho go visit them on Laurens Street in downtown Aiken, its worth the trip.  Tell them I sent you.  By the way I was thinking what do you say is it Dinner or Super for your evening meal?  You should goggle it you may be surprized about the history behind that question.  I call it supper because that is what my family did.  For the English dinner is lunch and supper is the later meal, at least I think it is, I was so confussed after I started reading what the whole world does!  Anywho let's make some good old Beer Bread.

MadJon's Beer Bread

3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup granulated Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1 (12oz. ) can Beer
2 T. Melted Butter
3 T. Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Onion and Garlic Powder
1 Cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1 T. Pinch of Herbs

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease a loaf pan.  Combine all ingredients, mixing well.  Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or untill done.

If you like a nice strong tasting bread with a bite this is the recipe for you.  My hubby lovs it.  If you can't find the grains just add some Pinch of Herbs spice to it.  You may also add any spices that fit you pallet.

Please if you have any questions about this recipe you can e-mail me at madjon51@aol.com I love hearing from you all.  If yu have any questions about recipes or would like to share some for us to try please feel free to fly them our way.  Visit us at https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithMadjon?ref=ts and hit the LIKE butoons on our fan page. Watch our show on the aikenstandard.com ASTV 95, Cooking With Madjon and Friends.   Happy trail to you and your until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment