Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Garden Over Flowing With Eggplant (Baked) Taste like Fried Yea Yea

Hello to all you foodies out there in webland its Me, MadJon again and I hope you are liking the cooler weather.  Am up to my ears in Eggplants from our garden and they are so pretty.  If I can find the pictures that I loaded onto the computer I will let you all see.  Sometimes I think my head is empty up there.  Do you ever feel that way.  We have a shoot to do tomorrow so am going to write this faster then I would but anywho I planted some of my fall garden with cabbage, turnips with purple tops,and rutabaga, I think that is right, hehe.  I will keep you posted on the process of the food bank called a garden.  Am learning how to put up some pictures for you all because a few of you have been asking for them.  Go see my TV show at http://aikenstandard.com/astv/madjon/ and find some more recipes and I have about 30 plus more to add to the 30 I just sent them for this season.  I've had a busy week with baking in the buff, have you ever not had time to get all the way dressed when your rushing around the kitchen, cooking on a deadline plus I had a meeting to get to by 12:30 and my hubby comes in on Friday and says what are you doing and I said am baking what do you think?  He then says the grass is being delivered and I was wondering why the guy kept going to the back of the house (he was just joking) so we also had 18 pallets of grass to get out and we will be busy this Saturday as well with 18 more.  Busy, busy, busy.  Does your life ever get like that?  Mine does.
Any who let's talk about the eggplant well I make eggplant parmesan for the hubby and am trying to cut down on fried foods in our diets so I started baking the eggplant and it comes out crisp just like it was fried but with out the calories.  So here is the reicpe for you all.

Fried (Baked) Eggplant:

1 Eggplant , cut in rings
1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1 cup Panko
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Parmesan Grated Cheese
3 T. Olive Oil
Cooking Spray

Cut up eggplant and place into bowl with salted water and cover with a plate afor about 2 hours.  Pour off the water, it will be a brown color.  Beat Egg.  Now place the dry ingredents into a bowl with spices and mix together till blended.  Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees. Take a baking sheet and place the olive oil onto the sheet and spread on bottom of pan.  Then take a piece of the eggplant and place in eggmisture, then into the bread misture and place on pan and repeat proces until all the eggplant is coated with bread mixture.  Then spray the top of the eggplants and then place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes then turn the eggpants over and spray again and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.  You may eat them just like this or serve them with your favorite pasta sauce.  I make Eggplant Parmesan ou of them. 

Please give this recipe a try my hubby loves it.  Please send me a email with a recipe to try and let me know how you like this one.  My email address is madjon51@aol.com and also visit me on FB and like my fan page called, "Cooking With Madjon and Friends".  Hope all is well with you and again happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen F. Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment