Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How About That Salsa for Fourth of July Party Easy

Hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land I hope all is well as for me I've been busy with travel and a couple more shoots for the Cooking With MadJon and Friends show on ASTV 95 at aikenstandard.tv.  Last weekend I spent some time walking at a national park with my sister and hubby to the tune of 5.6 miles over boulders and woods and my feet are still sore.  My sister was so funny saying oh its not that far, not really and once you got started you were kind of stuck until you climbed your way off that mountain and your feet was the only transportation to use.  There were a lot of hikers up there and my sister finally left us behind and  every new hiker that we came across was very interested in making sure that I was OK boy did I have a few words in my mind to say but I waited till I got off the mountain.  It sure was pretty way up there with a lot of hills to climb and nature to look at total I think it took about 3 hours to make that climb.  Oh well I guess I'd do it again as long as I got ready for the hike with lots of water and juice for the bugs that decided to join in on the fun with me and it took about a week to get them off my skin.  I guess they just like juicy fat meat is all I can say.  Any who its the fourth of July tomorrow and I hope you are with family and friends and can enjoy the freedoms that I love having in this country we can bitch and mourn and grown but its still the \best place I think to live on this thing we call the planet earth!  If we don't like something we can at least Bitch about it and let our government know all about it even if they don't listen to what we have to say.  However am not getting into that tonight its late and I've been waiting to use the computer all night.  We did get to play some bridge and am happy to report my kicked the boys really good tonight they were so kicked that they only wanted to play two rubbers, so sad.  Heck I'll play bridge even if am losing hoping that the cards turn around and give us a break.  However I do tend to give the boys heck for winning, HE HE.  Any who am tried and ready to go to bed so am sending you this easy Salsa recipe for you to try and serve it with some chips, please.  I love Salsa because its healthy and low fat and gives you a chance to use up some of them home grown red and green things that we call Tomatoes, which we call a Fruit,.  Any Who Happy 4th of July 2013 hope you eat, drink and be Merry watching all the fireworks tomorrow.






Tomatoes Salsa

6 Red Fresh Tomatoes, Diced
1 Large Onion, diced
6 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 tsp. each Onion and Garlic Powders
1/4 Bunch chopped Cilantro
2 Limes, juiced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Hot Peppers, diced with seeds, fresh
1 can Corn Or Black Beans

Mix all ingredients together and serve with your favorite Chips, Bona Y'all.  Best served chilled.

Visit me on Face Book at Cooking With MadJon and Friends or watch the shows at aikenstandard.tv and come follow this blog that you have been reading.  Try my recipe's and email me at madjon51@aol.com with any questions or recipes you'd like to share on the TV show.  Happy trails to you until we meet again. goodnite.

No comments:

Post a Comment