Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Comfort Foods Sorghum Molasses Banana Cake Moist Yum Yum

Hello to all you foodies out there in web land again I hope all is well and that you are ready for an exciting weekend.  My hubby and I will be in Atlanta and Running all over Georgia this weekend and ending back up in Atlanta and viewing some rare art with my sister and her hubby.  I think the painting is called Girl With The Pearls?  Not sure and I think the artist was from Dutch decent.  Any who the painting is like from the 1800's? Am excited about seeing that one!  So am looking to have a fun filled weekend.  We played Bridge tonight with the boys and boy I tell ya we broke even in the game, its the only time am on even ground with my hubby and so I give it my all!  I just love playing Bridge and my grands say what's that?  Its a very exciting game to me to out bid them and made our bids and different people play and bid differently, Black wood is what they like to play.  I like it too because I try out my new recipes on them when its our turn and now am going to go forward with writing another cook-book and it will be another e-cookbook so I will keep you posted.  We ate Chicken with Mushrooms cooked in a Red Wine Sauce, fresh steamed Squash from our Garden and this Molasses Banana Cake I made up today before we left and I wanted to make it with molasses because its a more natural way of cooking years ago.  You can use Sorghum in desserts, drinks and even salad dressings so I'll be doing some experimenting with the molasses for a while.  I think Sorghum came from Africa and its some kind of grass and my hubby loves it on pancakes and such,  even on Hot Biscuits, something very Southern.  My dad ate it on hot Corn Bread at home. My mom liked to make her Northern Baked Beans with it.  So you see its been around for a lot of years and has had many uses and its suppose to be a good sweetener for you to use.  Our friends liked the cake very much, it was sweet but not to sweet and earthy tasting.  When I ate it I wanted a nice hot cup of coffee with it so when you make it have plenty of coffee on hand.

Molasses Banana Cake

1 Stick Butter. softened
1/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3/4 cup Molasses
2 Eggs, beaten
3 to 4 ripe Banana's smashed
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
3/4 cup Buttermilk
2 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Confectionery Sugar for dusting top of cake

Cream the butter and then add the sugar and beat.  Next add the eggs, molasses, and bananas and mix.  Mix the salt, flour and soda together and pour about 1/3 of it with the wet ingredients and beat.  Then start adding the buttermilk and beat until all the flour and buttermilk are gone.  Add your vanilla and pumpkin spice to the mix.  Grease your pan and add your cake mix and bake it in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees and bake for about 1 hour or until test done with tooth pick coming out clean.  You may add about 1 cup chopped nuts to this cake if you wish.  Cool the cake for about 20 minutes before removing it from the pan and when its cooled another 20 minutes dust it with the confectionery sugar. Please enjoy this recipe and come like my cooking fan page on facebook and follow this blog why don't ya, please.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment