Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Cooking With Madjon Season Two Black Bean Cheese Burgers "Yum"

Hello to all you foodies out there in webland I hope all is well.  Am so excited to be filming for my second season as "Cooking With Madjon and Friends".  It airs Feb. 7th on ASTV 95, with Atlantic Broadband and you may view the shows on the web by going to www.aikenstandard.com  and type in the show name.  If you want to view some recipes from last season go to www.aikenstandard.com/cooking.  Any who we filmed today and I made French Onion Soup, Black Bean Cheeseburgers, Mandarin Almond Salad with a Fig Salad Dressing, and a Lemonade Meringue Pie.  For your FYI I think this is the year of the pie.  You know French Onion Soup was invented because it was a cheaper way to feed a lot of workers in France years and years ago.  I love soups of any kind, don't you?  They make you feel all warm inside.  I make them at my cafe year round.  It took us 4 to 5 hours to shoot today only because I had to get back in the swing of things.   I wasn't ready when they came to film.  It will take me a while to shape up!  When you do live TV it works a lot faster then when you film.  The only thing bad that happened today is I over toasted the bread for the soup because I forgot to set the timer.  Well any who my hubby is still out of town and while we were filming I had to call him and ask where the ladle was because if you have been keeping up with me you know he was home for six weeks for his leg and he went though my kitchen and rearranged all my gadgets in my drawers and I can't find a thing!  He was talking about retiring but I think he needs to stay at work and leave the kitchen to me!  Do you ladies agree?  Any who am going to close for now and leave you with one of the recipes from the show today and so I say to you Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Please try the recipes and let me know how you like the blog.  See Ya, Eileen Hutson, madjon.

Black Bean Cheese Burgers

2 cans Black Beans
2 Green Onions
1/4 Cup Cilantro
1 T. Chopped Garlic
1 t. Cumin
1 t. onion powder
1t. garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
 1 T. Liquid Smoke
2 Egg Whites
3 T. Wheat Flour
2 T. Olive Oil

Drain the beans, mash the beans, chop the onions, cilantro, and mix all other ingredients.  Heat some olive oil in pan and spoon out bean mixture and turn when browned on one side.  Cook till it looks like a hamburger and then top with cheese.  Serve with toasted rolls.  This makes about 6 to 8 burgers.  If you have any problems just write me.  Thanks and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment