Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heathy Eatting "Broccoli Salad" YumYum

Hello to all you foodies out there in web land its me again and today on this rainy cold winter day of 2011 I'd like to send you a wonderful recipe that I did for a TV show last season and it taste GREAT!!!  Its broccoli salad that has bacon and raisins in it.  Nothing better pairs together then these two ingredients.  What do you do on days like this if you are not out working.  Am still waiting for that door to open for me!  I have watched so far about 3 movies today and took a walk and now am waiting to go pick up my grands from school.  Yesterday I was busy with filming and we made stuffed bell peppers, roasted potato's, buttermilk pie, green beans, pinto beans and corn bread.  All tasted great and I will be writing some of the recipes up to give you later.  I love food, don't you? You can look at me and tell that!  Well any who am short on time today so am going to forward the salad recipe for you to try.  Please let me know how it works for you.

Broccoli Salad

4 to 5 cups chopped broccoli
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup raisins
1/2 pound cooked bacon crisp
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sugar
3 to 4 T. wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 T. onion powder

Mix first four ingredients together, then mix the 5 other ingredients together.  Pour over broccoli mixture and toss.  Serve, this will keep for a few days.  Your family will love this.

Hope you all have a safe week  and enjoy your cooking.  Happy Trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment