Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Oyster Poor- Boy's

Hello there to all you foodies out there in webland.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and am wishing you a Happy New Year.  I've been busy closing one door in my life and opening another.  I will fill you in later as to the other door.  Any who as I look back on 2010 it went very fast and I had a very busy year.  My catering picked up along with my business and I see an exciting year for me in 2011.  In March I've been invited to cook with 28 other chefs in Atlanta for Les Marmitons and I choose the menu, also in March I will be cooking for some foreign dignatary's coming into Aiken.  My new cooking season starts Febuary 1st.  Can't wait!  My hubby is in Texas at the ranch with Tim & Debbie for New Year's and at the ranch on New Year's Eve they fry oysters so am going to send you all a recipe for some fried oyster poor -boys made the Texas way.

Oyster-Poor-Boys

12 raw oysters-cleaned
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup self-rising corn meal
salt and pepper to taste
1 teas. Old Bay
1 teas. onion powder
1 teas. garlic powder
1/2 teas red pepper spice
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg mixed
4 rolls
Mix all dry goods, mix egg and buttermilk in a bowl, dip oysters in dry mix, then wet mix and then dry again. 
Fry in hot oil until golden brown, drain  Scoop out the bread from some hard rolls or subs.  Spray with pan and toast till brown.  Add some tartar sauce onto rolls and fill with oysters. you will love these.

Try these and let me know how its going for you.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Oh and for your FYI I will also be working on a couple of books next year.  Have a great new year!  Eileen Hutson, madjon.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment