Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby its Cold Outside Lets make "Potato Soup""

Hello to all you foodies out there in web-land.  I hope your new year is working out for you all.  Am sitting here trying to drink my hot tea and entering this blog.  Its after 6 am.  I was so excited to tell you that I will be catering a rehearsal  dinner and a wedding in February and the mother-in-law to be's sister is a big fan of the cooking show and of me so it gave me a idea to do a tasting of some of the menu on the show with the sister fan.   Hopefully she will come on the air with me. I will let you know.  I can't wait and for your FYI I just drunk some of the tea I made and I don't know how any body can drink this brand, not me  sister, am going to get me some coffee in a little bit!  Today am going to talk to some people about sponsoring the TV show.  Wish me luck.  Baby its cold outside and it really is!!  So am going to make you a recipe for meatless "Potato Soup" which is one soup I love with a little cheese on top.  Can't wait for you to try it.  Recipe follows.

Potato Soup

1 onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 stick butter melted
1 teas. onion powder
1 teas. garlic powder
1 1/2 teas. Mrs''s Dashes
3 stalks celery cup up
2 bay leafs
2 carrots peeled and cut in rings
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 bouillon cubes chicken
optional 1 slice of Ham cut up plus 3 strips bacon cut up
1 can whole corn drained
1 Cup Whole milk
2 T. Corn Starch or flour
He He I almost forgot the potato's, 10 peeled  and cut up
Melt butter in pan and add onions, celery, garlic, cook till clear add ham, bacon if you wish.  Peel and cut up potato's, add the flour,mix  add all to the pot and then add water to the top of potato's.  Add all other ingredents to pot except milk and bring to a simmer and cook till potatos are tender and you can litely mash them.  Turn down the heat and add the milk.  If the soup seems to thin for you add a little more flour or corn starch.  Serve hot topped with cheese.  If you add the bacon to the mix just make sure that it is browned with the ham.

Well am off to get me some coffee before it is to busy because am still in my PJ's and that's how I'm.  I hope you like this recipe on a cold winters night.  My family likes it.  Please let me know how you like it.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.   Eileen Hutson, madjon and don't forget to watch the TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment