Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Gary's Bear Cheek Chili Mix Chili YUm Yum Super Bowl 48

Hello to all my food friend out there in web Land hope you are staying warm today and get-tin ready for that thing called the Super Bowl.  Yea it snowed here and shut us down for a couple days but I stayed home and baked and played some much needed Bridge and even won a game or two.  I know its an old game but I love to play it.  I wish more people would try and learn it.  I have a friend on face book who passed his recipe on to be name Gary and he introduced me a company that sells Soup mixes and I went and checked them out and they are all been given the five star treatment so you can goggle them the name to use if , Bear Cheek Soup Mixes.  So here is his recipe for Chili made with the Bear Cheek Chili Mix.  Go Super Bowl 48 and I think the Sea-hawks are going to surprise everyone with a win. Happy trail to you until we meet again.  Come like my fan page on Face Book called, Cooking With MadJon & Friends and come follow me on this thing called a blog.  Watch the cooking shows at aikenstandard.tv and DVD's can be bought for a price.  MadJon and stay warm out there will ya.


 Gary's Bear Cheek Chili

Gary

I developed this recipe by using Bear Creek (Darn Good) Chili Mix as a starter. Instructions on the package can be disregarded. My process calls for canned beans, to be added in the last 25 minutes of cooking. Pinto beans are recommended because they are the authentic chili bean. Red kidney beans or black beans can be substituted, or you can use a combination of two types. The recipe is spicy, somewhat hot, and very flavorful.



Ingredients



3 lbs coarse ground lean beef

1 teaspoon oil such as olive oil

2 large green peppers, chopped

2 packages of Bear Creek Chili Mix

2 12 oz.bottles of beer

2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes

4 tablespoons of chili powder

3 tablespoons of cayenne pepper

3 tablespoons of paprika

1 teaspoon of black pepper

1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste

2 cups (approximately) of water

2 15.5 oz. cans of pinto beans, drained



Directions



Coat the bottom of a very large pot or Dutch oven with the oil. Brown the beef over medium heat. As the meat starts to brown, add the chopped peppers, and cook while stirring until the meat is browned and the peppers have softened slightly.



Add the contents of the Bear Creek mix. Stir and toss thoroughly. Continue cooking and add the beer. Stir some more as the beer foams and heats, and then add the tomatoes. Continue stirring.



Add the remaining spices, and stir. Continue on medium heat while adding the water. The mix should be slightly soupy. Bring to a boil.



Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for one hour, stirring frequently.


Add the beans, stir, and continue simmering for 25 more minutes.



Enjoy!

Thanks Gary can I blog on this we are expecting a bad winter storm so I don't know when I'll be bloging next. This sounds like a very good recipe and where do you

No comments:

Post a Comment