Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

National Soup Day another Italian Chili Recipe A Good One

Hello to all my foodie friends out there in Web Land its Madjon again and am bringing to your plates today a recipe for Italian Chili from my test Kitchen to yours.  After all this is suppose to be National Soup Day.  I have shown here two soups one is the Italian Chili and the other one is Butternut Squash which I have the recipe for that one on my blog as well.  I made that one up for the Les Marmitons  group at Sandy Springs.  Which I have been invited back to cook with the group from Canton this March, am much going to enjoy that.  We will be cooking up some Short Ribs in a Wine Sauce.  Any who I've been meaning to send this recipe along to you for about a month, time just slips away from me sometimes.  How did you like watching the Super Bowl, I told you that the Sea Hawks would win.  Oh well sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.   Its hard to lose nicely.  I hope that you are staying warm this winter and out of the snow.  My daughter had to go to Boston and she's in the snow right now and they are due another storm on Thursday.    So here is the chili recipe for you to try also if you don't have all the ingredients for a recipe just don't make it till you have the right ingredients.  Recipes are made like a formula and if you deviate from a formula it will not work.

Italian Chili
1 package sweet or hot Italian Sausage, Turkey Sausage may be used as well.
1 pound ground Beef 3 TBSP Flour
1 Onion, diced
1 Bell Pepper, diced
1 package sliced Mushrooms
6 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 hot Pepper
1 can Rotel Tomatoes-Green Chili's
1 can diced Tomatoes
1 can Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 TBSP Sugar
1 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powders
1/2 tsp. Red Pepper
1 can Kidney & Black Beans
1 can Beer (optional)

Cook the onions, bell pepper, hot pepper, garlic cloves with the meats and brown.  Mix the flour with the meat.  Stir in all the spices. Stir in the sliced mushrooms.  Stir in the Rotel, tomatoes, and one can of water or a beer into the meat mix.  Add the Tomato paste. Add any spices you may have forgotten along with the beans into the pot and simmer for about 45 minutes on low.  Serve topped with Sour Cream and Cheese if you wish.

Happy trails to you until we meet again and also come watch the TV shows at aikenstandard.tv, you may buy the DVD's of the shows for the last 4 seasons.  Come like my fan page on that thing called Face Book at, Cooking With MadJon & Friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment