Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Grands Coconut Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies




Hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land I hope you are doing just fine on this nice fall evening.  I've been busy with grand kids this week and doctor's appointment's and am happy to say we did not lose our health insurance but my heart goes out to everyone else who did.  I want to say how sorry I'm and I hope it will get fixed soon for everyone concerned.  Any who am here to talk about Obama Care.  Am  here to talk about this recipe I made up today for my grands who were home from school.  Making cookies is something I did with my kids and its something I do for my grands to enjoy along with their Pa Pa.  Trying to make memories though foods, that's how I remember my aunts and grandma in the kitchen baking and doing the women thing while the men were in the fields working.  My family would bake all kinds of cakes and pies, fruit pies and cream pies and I loved the crust made with fresh Lard.  Nothing better then to bake with fresh Lard however I don't bake that way but I have girlfriends who still use it.  They go to the butcher and pick up the fresh lard and it is so white it looks like snow. You know I used to think it was our daughter that ate all the cookies in the house but I found out after the kids left home that it has been my hubby who was the cookie monster all the time and he let Terri, our daughter take the blame, shame on him.   Such is life I guess however our daughter still likes cookies a lot.   Another thing is he can eat all the cookies in the house and still lose five pounds, go figure!  Oh well am into exercising now and trying really hard not to eat cookies but I must confess I ate a couple while they were still warm with some milk.  While my grands were here today I decided to try and bake a different kind of Chocolate Chip Cookie so I added Cream Cheese to it and it had to bake longer and it came out crispy not a chewy cookie.  My grand daughter is the taster in her house and I knew if she ate one cookie then it was a good recipe but she ate three cookies and then took some more home so I'd call these a great cookie..  Any who go make some memories at your house with kids or just the one you love.  Please let me know what you think of these cookies and if you would like me to put up a recipe for you.  My email address is madjon51@aol.com and you may watch the shows at aikenstandard.tv or com.  Come like my fan page on face book Cooking With MadJon & Friends. Last but not lest share me and come follow me on this thing called a blog, please.

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Sticks Butter, softened
1/3 Cup Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 beaten Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour, all-purpose
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Coconut
1/2 cup chopped Nuts ( Optional)

Beat the butter, cheese, eggs, vanilla together till they are well blended. Mix the flour with the salt and baking soda.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients till they are well blended.  Add the coconut, chips and nut.  Mix well.  Place mix on cookie sheets using a spoon and place cookies about 2" apart. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until done.  Remove from cookies sheets right after they come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment