Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Article Pumpkins Link Cranberry Sauce It's What's For Eats

http://www.aikenstandard.com/article/20131120/AIK0405/131129973/0/SEARCH&slId=1 Hello to all my foodies friends out there in web land I hope all is well.  Well I've been busy with catering for friends of coarse I consider all my customers my family and friends.  If you are in the USA or living abroad this Thanksgiving I hope that you can introduce some friends with you how we celebrate our Thanksgiving season and why we celebrate it.  The pilgrims celebrated living though another year in this country and can you imagine being a pilgrim in the 1600's in the new America's so far away from your homeland.  How thankful they must have been for all that they had.  They had to relay on the Indians to help them adopt sort- of-speak.  Am sure they were very grateful for any help I know that I would be.  Have you thought about what is a Cranberry?  It comes from an evergreen dwarf shrubs. They grow in the Northern hemisphere.  Cranberries are used for juices, sauce, jam, died cranberry, and of coarse served as Cranberry Sauce for our traditional American and Canadian Thanksgivings.  Its called a Super fruit because of its Anti-oxidants. I use died cranberries in my signature salads and also in baking breads.  I just did a show on, "The Watchmen Channel", Club 36  and we made Turkey Panini using my left over turkey and dressing so I added some fresh cranberry sauce in the mix.  I also did a catering job and stuffed cranberries with apples and raisins and wrapped the Chicken breast with Bacon, that was a big hit.  I also poured my Apple Wine Sauce on top of the breast while they roasted, they said it was yummy.  Any who I want you to know that this Thanksgivng am very happy to be Loved by my family and am thankful I still have my healthcare.  Now that's another story.  Please come and like my fan page on Face Book Cooking With MadJon & Friends. I'd like 5 more likes to reach 1000.  Watch the cooking show on aikenstandard.tv or com.  I have a few You Tubes up that you may watch.  My email address is madjon51@aol.com for any recipes you'd like to send me or comments to leave.  Go like my article on the link I left on top of the page.  Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  Happy trails until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

Cranberry Sauce

1 small bag fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Sugar
 3 T. Orange Liqueur
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Place all ingriedents into a pan and simmer until the berries pop and get tender.  Let the sauce get thick. You may also process the berries if you wish before cooking.




No comments:

Post a Comment