Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas And Nothing Better then Home Made Eggnog WOW!

Well hello to all my foodies friends out there in webland.  I hope all is well and that your holidays are the best they can be.  I've been busy with going to Charleston for my birthday and eatting at some mighty fine restaurants.  Like we ate at Husk which had some mighty fine Southern cusine.  I had the pork Chop with Black eyed peas and Greens with a taste of some of the Oatmeal pie.  The pie taste alot like my Buttermilk pie that I make.  I just love going to Charleston and shopping at the market and watching the basket making and tasting all the fine foods that they have to offer.  Didn't want to come home.  Anywho let's get back to talking about Egg Nog.  There are a few ways to make this seasonal drink.  I haven't found many of them that I don't like. I just don't like alot of the hard stuff in it.  However my husband's grandmother used to make it and whenever we went to visit I tried really hard to stay away from the eggnog bowl, hers would knock your socks off!  When I was a kid I used to make it at home around the holidays because I didn't like alot of heavy spices mixed in it.  Anywho here is a recipe that I used to make for our holiday drink.  I hope you give this a try.

Eggnog (Cold)

This serves about 10 servings

6 Fresh Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 pt. Heavy Cream
1 pt. Whole Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 oz. Rum
1 pt. Bourbon
Nutmeg Ground or Fresh

Beat the 6 egg whites in a bowl till they are fluffy.  Then in another bowl add the 6 yolks, beaten, sugar, vanilla, cream, milk, cinnamon, and mix like crazy.  Then to that add the egg whites and mix.  Then add the rum and bourbon, mix.  Serve with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Remember not to put to much nutmeg on the tops, it will make it bitter.  If you wanted to cook the eggnog, just mix the yolks, milk, cream and spices together really good and heat on the stove until right before it boils and then slowly add the egg whites and beat really fast and then add the rum and bourbon to the mix and chill in the fridge.  Serve with the nutmeg on the tops.

Well I hope that you enjoy this Christmas drink that has been around for along time.  Remember not to drink to much of this stuff and drive.  HEHE.  Anywho go watch my TV show at http://www.aikenstandard.com/astv/madjon/Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  Go view my fan page on FB and like it.  Like my Thanksgiving page as well on the Aiken Standard site.  Sen me some recipes that I can write about and try for my TV show.  My email address is madjon51@aol.com  Happy Trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen F. Hutson, madjon

No comments:

Post a Comment