Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Breakfast Anyone? French Toast (ameritte) Lost Bread

Hello to all you foodies out there in web land, hope all is well.  Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast?  I did.  We went to D.C. to visit our boys and ate dinner with their friends.  Had the best Time and the food was fabulous.  We had Turkey, Dressing, Macc and Cheese, Green Bean Casserole , rolls, 3 or 4 different desserts. It was all Yummy!  I know that when ever the holidays roll around one of the best meals with my family is the late breakfast that we have.  Like the sausage and egg casseroles or the old stand by the sausage balls are my daugthers de'lite and monkey bread.  Fresh fruit and sometimes crepes with fresh cream and fruit.  This year I think we should have French Toast with fruit and lots of home made syrup like I used to make when I was a kid at home.  Now with my cake syrups around the house I can have just about any flavor of syrup I want.  What do you all eat for breakfast during this special time of year? We only have about 26 days left to wait.  I love this time of year and I love having the family around me as well.  We hardly get to see our son so its always a treat for him to be home.  I get to spend some extra needed time with our grands.  Well any who let's get to writing about our wonderful French Toast recipe that we will be putting up today.  FYI, French Toast has been around since the Roman times.  No one likes to waste food and this is a good way to use up the older breads that you have in the kitchen and its quick and easy to do.

Serves about 4 people
Prep is about 5 minutes
Cook time is about 5 to 8 minutes

French Toast

4 Eggs, Beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla
pinch of Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 TBSP Confectionery Sugar
2 TBSP Cream or Baileys
1 Stick Butter
6-8 slices Stale Bread

Beat your eggs, add to beaten eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, confectionery sugar,and cream, mix till well blended.  Heat about 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan, do not burn butter, heat on low.  When melted and heated then take a slice of bread and roll it on both sides of eggs and place in pan.  Repeat another slice of bread and brown on both sides of the bread.  Then repeat with the butter in pan until all the bread is toasted.  Cut the toast in half and dust lightly with confectionery sugar and serve with heated syrup and fruit.  Remember t cook it slowly to brown so it does not brown because the sugar may want to make it burn as well.  Cook it nice and slow, see.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and write me at madjon51@aol.com with any questions or recipes that you would like to share.  I always like to hear from you all.  Have a happy holiday and enjoy your family and friends.  Enjoy all the food and cooking that is going to be passed your way.  Come like my fan page on Face book, Cooking With Madjon and friends.  See the show at http://www.aikenstandard.com/  Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment