Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nothing Better then Home Made Key Lime Pie Have Some

Well hello to all you foodies out there in Web land its MadJon again and I hope you try some of this wonderful Key Lime pie that can be made right in your own home and its easy as pie!  Before we start with the recipe I hope you all have most of your Christmas shopping finished.  I have all of it but for writing one check to our daughter and I saw so much I could have bought for her today but she would rather buy for herself.  I don't blame her because from the time she was a little girl she and I never picked out the same thing.  She had her own mind then and she has it even more now.  Do you have any kids like that?  Of coarse you do because if you say you don't I don't think I'd believe you much.  Our daughter has wonderful taste in style and everything but she seems to have a problem in just one area but I guess I won't talk about that unless we are on Dr. Phil and I get money to tell it all baby. She has no problem airing everything I do to the world on that thing called Face book.  She tells you I snore and sleep naked, etc. etc., etc.  That's enough detail.  Besides that what woman doesn't sleep that way when she is my age.  Hot Hot Hot.  That's all I can say on that subject.  Any who kids, they step on your feet when they are little and step on your hearts when they are grown.  They can be real heart breakers and pains in the rear.  However that said I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world and am the only one that can say anything about her and get away with it.  I love her so and would do anything for her, as most parents would.  OK let's get off that and start talking about Key Lime pie.  My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and I changed it a little, not much and she has won Blue Ribbons with her Key Lime Pies. So let's give it a swirl.

Blue Ribbon Key Lime Pie

crust:

14 Crushed Graham Crackers
3 T. Sugar
3 T. Melted Butter
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Filling Key Lime:

4 Egg Yolks, beaten
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1/2 Cup Key Lime Juice
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 8oz. Cream Cheese, softened

Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Crush graham crackers and to that you add the sugar, butter and cinnamon, mix well and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.  While the crust is cooking mix the softened cream cheese, sour cream, key lime juice, eagle brand milk, and the beaten egg yolks  together until well blended.  Then pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes and top with sliced almonds.  Cool and serve with some whipped cream.  Serves 8.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and please let me know at madjon51@aol.com and also send me some recipes to try.  Come like my fan page on face book at https://www.facebook.com/#!/CookingwithMadjon and go to http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95 Cooking With MadJon and Friends.  Have a Happy and safe holiday season.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.
Almonds sliced for top

No comments:

Post a Comment