Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and let's make some "Pumpkin Pecan Swirl Cheesecake"

Well hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land.  Its nice to See you again.  I've been really busy with filming the Thanksgiving and Christmas show.  Then I have the New Year's day show to film and then I will be set for this holiday season with all new recipes.  I hope you try them all.  You know its not easy to film the shows sometimes.  It's alot of work and sometimes things go always go like you want them.  Like when we did the Thanksgiving shoot and I had to find small pumpkins for the Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pies baked in the pumpkin shells.  Halloween was over and there were no fresh pumpkins t be found. Then we have the recipes for the brine for the Turkey fry and I had to fry three turkeys before I got the recipe to where the turkey wouldn't brown.  Now its perfect.  Well am always in the test kitchen cooking away.  I had to make our daughters wedding cake and the first large cake I made broke in half and I had to start all over again.  Such is cooking, stuff happens and you just learn to deal with it. Any who it keeps me busy.  The recipe I have here is one I made up for like a test recipe for one of the seasonal shows.  Anyway I made it and sent the Cheesecake packing to my hubby's work and they loved it.  So am going to pass this one on to you.  Where are you going for Thanksgiving?  Am headed to D.C. to be with our son and am excited about that but I will miss our daughter and grandchildren who are headed in the other direction.  Too bad, so sad.  I hope you all will be with family and friends as well.  This time of year I try to remember how grateful I'm and count my many blessings.  Am glad I live in the USA and that there are people who fight for our freedom and even lay down their lives for each and everyone one of us, to them I say a big Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.  I wish you and your families the best.  Safe trips to us all.  Now let's get started with our recipe shall we.

Pumpkin Pecan Swirled Cheesecake:

Crust
1 1/2 cups crushed Graham Crackers
4 TBSP. Brown Sugar
1/2 stick Butter, melted
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Pre Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix the crackers, sugar, pecans. cinnamon, and butter together until well blended.  Press into the bottom of a cheesecake pan.  Wrap some foil on the bottom of the pan and place in a shallow cookie pan.  Ready to make the mix.

Cheesecake:

4 -  8 ozs. , Cream Cheese, softened
4 Eggs, Beaten, room temperature
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Sour Cream

Beat the cream cheese with the eggs until blended.  Then to that add the sugar, vanilla, and sour cream.  Pour mix onto top of the graham cracker crust.  Time to Mix Pumpkin:

Pumpkin Mix:

1 can Pumpkin Pie
1 Egg beaten
1 Cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3 TBSP  Cream

Mix the can pumpkin with, the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cream, and pecans.  Now take a spoon and spoon the mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture until all gone and then take a butter knife and start swirling the mixture into the cream cheese mix.  Then place the pan with the shallow cookie pan in the oven and bake the cheesecake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.  Don't forget to add some water to the bottom of the shallow pan for the hot bath. The reason you use a hot bath to cook the cheesecake in is because it keeps the cheesecake from cracking and it will come out smooth.  You will like the texture of this cheesecake.

I hope you enjoy this Cheesecake and have fun making it.  Have some happy holidays to you and yours go make some memories.  E-mail with some recipes to try and your comments at madjon51@aol.com.  Watch my TV show at http://www.aikenstandard.com/astv/madjon/ and come like my Fan Page on Face book, Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen F. Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment