Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween You All Orange Cream Pie W/Banana Thrown In

Hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land.  I hope all is well.  Me, I've been very busy with catering, friends, bridge, cooking and just living life as we know it.  Am getting ready to start my third season of "Cooking With Madjon and Friends" and getting ready for filming of the Thanksgiving and Christmas shows which I love cooking for the seasonal shows.  Its so enjoyable thinking about the new recipes and family being around.  This year we are going to D.C.to be with our son for Thanksgiving.  My daughter is getting married next Saturday and am doing the wedding cake.  Its going to be Vanilla with a pineapple fulling and Butter Cream Frosting, yum yum.  If you come be my friend on FB you will be able to see some of the pictures.  She wants  Meatballs for her dinner, which am cooking.  Any who if I have time after the wedding, food and friends, then we are off to a pig picking at the Heath's.  Always a joy to go to that.  Wonderful eats there.  You know the thing, everyone makes one of their best dishes to share and alot of Beer is passed around and we pick on the pig and just have a great time!  Any who Halloween is tomorrow and I know the kids are all excited about that.  We spent the last two days helping a friend get ready for her kids party and then the adult party was this evening and I put on a tall wig, alot of make up and with my body now I went as Hairspray.  One friend went as a teenager, that was funny.  I also met a lady who used to eat in my restaurant like twice a week.  She was telling Wendy how much she liked the food at the party and Wendy starting telling her that it was me who did the food and gave her my name and she didn't know it was me dressed like that.  Her husband owns a few Burger Kings around these parts.  When we were little we dressed up with whatever we could find at the house and drag along our candy bags, which were old pillow cases.  When my cousins were to big to Trick or Treat,  they would hide behind trees and scare kids who would then drop their candy bags running and my cousins were there to pick up the pieces, sort of speak.  Shame on them.  You know that Halloween has been around for centuries and is still celebrated world wide by children today and the older ones like me.  I think Ireland gets the credit for the holiday of spooks and cheer.  Any who now we are going to talk about the recipe I have to offer tonight.  My producer last year had eaten to much Grasshopper pie and felt a little sleepy after eating two pieces and asked me if I could make up a pie for Thanksgiving and I said sure I'll make it out of some kind of oranges.  So I went to my test kitchen and this is the results which I made a pie for our Home Group to try and they loved it.  So am passing this recipe on to you to try.  I say thanks very much and please give it a try.

Orange Cream Pie:

Vanilla Wafers
32 Large Marshmallows, melted
1 Large can Mandarin Oranges
1/2 Cup Cream
1/4 Cup Orange Liqueur
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
1 1/2 Cup Cool Whip
2 Sliced Banana's, rings, Optional

Line bottom and sides of pie plate with vanilla wafers, top with sliced Banana's.  Melt marshmallows, cream, orange liqueur, and orange juice in a pan, till all is blended and melted.  Cool completely and then add the drained Mandarin oranges.  Blend lightly.  Then fold in the cool whip till blended. Pour into pie pan and smooth.  Then chill and slice and serve with a chocolate Ice Cream topping.

Please give this a try and email me at madjon51@aol.com and send me some recipes to try for you.  If you are not liking a recipe send it to me and see how I can improve on it for you.  I do that for friends all the time.  Any who I want to say Happy Halloween and stay safe. Have fun and Happy Trails to you and yours until we meet again. Signing off MadJon. http://aikenstandard.com/astv/madjon/

No comments:

Post a Comment