Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Heathy Eating "Cooper River Bridge Run" Charleston, S.C. "Banana Split Parfait" & Warren Peper

Hello again to all my foodie friends out there in webland and I hope all is well.  Today we are talking about being in Charleston, S.C.  for the Cooper River Bridge Run with  the "Charleston Post & Courier" and Warren Peper, plus about 40,000 runners.  This is a 10K run which means its about 6.2 miles.  I think they said it was the 34th run.  It was so amazing to watch them run and they even had a 90 year old women finish the walk and they also had disabled runners who I had the pleasure to interview before my show.  One of the young men won a trophy for the run.  You will be able to watch the show when it aires on http://www.aikenstandard.com/.  I was lucky enough to be there helping out and watching Warren Peper interview some of the runners and the people watchers.  What a GREAT guy he is.  You all in Charleston are so lucky to be able have Warren around to handle all your sports invents.  Not only did he handle his invent but he also helped me out with my TV show, I had a couple people bail out on me at the last minute and so he so kindly said he'd stay and do my show with me.   What a hoot we had or at least I did.  You will have to watch the show "Cooking With Madjon and Friends".  We had a gum and lady incident.   It was one of our funniest shows yet!  I can't wait to watch it!  Any who let's pass on one of the recipes from the show.

Banana Split Parfait:

2 Large Packages of Vanilla Pudding Mix, that you cook
4 Cups Skim Milk
1 15 oz can of Crushed Pineapple with juice

Cook pudding according to directions but use only 4 cups of milk, total plus add the pineapple with juice and cool down.

1 bunch Banana's, sliced
1 package fresh Strawberries, cut up
3 Granola Bars, smashed
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped

Smash Granola bars and add to pecans.

Chocolate Sauce

1 T. butter meled in pan, 3/4 cup sugar, placed in pan. 3 T. Corn Syrup, 2 T. cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and about 3 T. skim milk.   Cook till all comes to a boil and cool.  It will thicken.

Layer cooled pudding, fruit, granola mixture, and sauce.  Then repeat till pudding is all done or you reach the top. HEHE.  Then you may top it with a whipped topping if you wish.

To all the ladies who ate with us I say thanks so much and we were delighted to have you come visit us during the shoot.  Here is the recipe that you asked for.  To the Charleston Post and Courier, I say thanks so much for letting Warren come shoot with me.  I'd love to do that with him again.  His a delight and a very good sport!!!  Too all my foodie friends out there in webland I say thanks for visiting and Happy Trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Hope you have a wonderful week.  I think that the Charleston Post and Courier should air "Cooking With Madjon and Friends" sometimes on their Web site. You all may have some fun with it.  Enjoy the recipe as much as we did. Write me at madjon51@aol.com and watch us on http://www.aikenstandard.com/.  Thx, Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment