Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Easter Let's Make "Deviled Eggs"

Hello again to all you foodies out there in webland its me again, MadJon.  I hope all is fine and dandy with you and yours.  Its kind of late to be up for me but I've been out with our Daughter Terri.  We've been playing the game of darts but I think the men were more interested in her then in the game, if you know what I mean.  Oh well such is life!  When I was little my mom used to make all of our clothes for Easter.  She had five girls and one boy so you know she had to try and save some money.  We all had a matching dress and black shoes with lace socks, white gloves, and a hat.  The dresses all stood out with the gathers at the waist.  Back to the Fifties tonight!  Any way I can remember dying the Easter eggs and waking up to find our Easter Baskets by our beds.  We loved hunting the eggs and I loved all the bright colors of spring.  There were no plastic eggs that I remember at that time.  Any who we would have to give up our eggs for the dinner with Deviled eggs.  Does anyone out there know the history of the Easter egg, just asking is all?  Anyway my mom made the best Deviled eggs in the world I thought then.  Am going to pass the recipe on the you all.  I hope you enjoy it.

Deviled Eggs

12 Boiled Eggs, cut in half with yolks removed
6 T. Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
1 tsp. Horseradish
1/4 Cup Pickle Relish
1 tsp. prepared Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Onion and Garlic Powder
3 strips of crisp fried Bacon
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese shredded

Mix all ingredients with the yolks till blended.  Fill yolk mixture in the egg holes and top with a quartered black olive if you wish.

Well its late and time for me to head to bed but before I leave you all I want to wish you a Happy Easter to you and yours and I hope I will be back on soon to list another recipe for Easter.  Any who I hope you try this recipe and let me know how it works for you.  Go make some Easter memories and happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Visit me at http://www.aikenstandard.com/, ASTV, Cooking With MadJon and Friends.  Thanks, Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment