Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

" It's The Little Things" Let's make"German Potato Balls"

Hello to all you foodies out there in webland, I hope all is well.  Its me again, madjon.  You know as we go though life and we get older and you have been married for alot of years you sometimes start wonderful does he love me like he used too or anymore.  Well you know what is love and marriage any who?  Is it I can't live without you kind of love or is it the kind where you know your loved by the little things that he does for you.  Now let's face it my hubby is no big romantic!!!  He never has been.  The only cards I get from him is on my birthdays and it usually is one that says am sorry for not saying this or doing this for you.  Not saying I love you enough. That's just the kind of guy he is.  His from Texas and I guess his just made that way.  Any who, this morning on his way to work he came over and covered me with a blanket, not because he had to but because he wanted to make sure I wasn't cold.  I hope you all get what am trying to say here.  I guess love isn't in the saying "I love you", all the time its easy to say those words but its in the little things that we do everyday that go unnoticed to us till its to late or your sitting around wondering if he still loves you.  Any who I think its something to think about.  Let's make some German Potato Balls that I made for the TV show at yesterday's filming.  By the way now all you have to do is go to http://www.aikenstandard.com/ and hit ASTV on the bar and "Cooking With MadJon and Friends" is easy to find along with my cooking blog and recipes.

German Potato Balls

4 Cups Cold Mashed Potato's
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 Green Onions, chopped fine
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Cheese, your choice
4 Slices Crisp cooked Bacon
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
Panko Bread Crumbs
2 Eggs beaten
Oil for frying

Mix all ingredients and roll into balls  Then coat with egg and Panko, fry balls in hot oil until nicely browned on both sides, about 350 degrees. 

These are really a nice side for your dinner.  Nice texture.  I hope you think about the little things in our married or unmarried lives for each other.  I want to wish you Happy Trial to you until we meet again.  Try the recipes and let me know how you like them.  Eileen Hutson, madjon.  FYI:  Am going to Charleston to film on Saturday and I will let you all know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment