Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pine Rattle Snake and let's Make "Marinated Olives"

Well hello to all you foodies out there in webland I hope this finds all and you safe and sound.  I hope you have been enjoying the warm weather we have been having.  Have you all put in a victory garden as yet?  I've been busy with my herb garden and a vegetable garden.  I bet you are wondering what a snake had to do with olives? Nothing, except this morning while we were walking at my home I almost stepped on a rattle snake!  It was a feet in front of me and all I could say is SNAKE, SNAKE!  It was stricking at the dog and us.  At first we thought he was OK but  then his head went up and that's all she wrote! We have alot of pine trees out here where I live but that is the first snake I've seen in the two years I've lived out here.  Any who no harm done, he went on his merry way.   Has that ever happened to you all?  Well the olive recipe I made up for a friend of mine named Ann who lives in D.C. she was having a party and asked if I could send her some recipes and this is one recipe that she has used many times in the past.  I hope that you enjoy it as well.  They are light and tasty to add as a side with sandwiches or just eat by themselves.  Recipe follows:

Marinated Olives

1 Can Black Olives, drained
1 Jar of Green Olives, drained
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar
5 Cloves Garlic, smashed
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, graded
1 tsp. Italian Spices
3/4 Cup Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil

Drain olives and set aside in bowl.   Mix in bowl the vinegar and sugar till disolved and add to that the rest of the ingredients and mix like crazy.  Add to the olives and let rest over night.  I served these at a catering job last night and they went on and on about them.  I hope you go on and on about them as well.  They are a easy dish to make.  You can use any kind of olive that you may like.  Experiment with recipes because you can always adjust recipes to your likes.

Tomorrow I will be posting a Broccoli Soup recipe which I like alot.  I've been busy with catering and the TV shows.  I've been enoying my grand children as well.  I hope everyone gets a chance to do that in their lives or at least enjoy your neices and nephews.  Its time for me to say good-bye so I wish you happy trails until we meet again.  Watch me on "Cooking With Madjon and Friends" on ASTV 95, go to  aikenstandard.com. on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment