Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Saint Patty's Day Let's Eat "Corn Beef and Cabbage"

Well hello to all you foodies out there in webland I hope all is well.  Are you ready for some great Corn Beef and Cabbage?  How about some green beer?  Well I've been busy getting ready for a catering job tomorrow with some Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas with some home made sauce.  Am catering at a chruch for my Red Hat ladies.  They are always alot of fun to be with.  Today we were suppose to film at a grill but they reset filming for sometime in April.  So I had to make up some recipes for the show at the last minute with whatever I had at the house to make.  I made Cheese Enchiladas, a latin chicken dish, Coconut Cream Pie, and some Breakfast Burritos.  We needed 45 minutes and it took all of it to cook the recipes I made up.  Any who it all worked out.  Now let's talk about some Corn Beef which I cooked this a couple of weeks ago to be aired today, on Monday on ASTV 95.  Recipe follows:

Corn Beef and Cabbage

4 pounds of Corn Beef
1 Small package Carrots, peeled
1 Onion, chopped
3 gloves Garlic, smashed
Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
3 T. Dijon Mustard
1 Packet from Roast
1 tsp. Fennel Seed
1 Small Head Cabbage
4 Potatos, peeled and wedged
1 Beer
Take Corn Beef and rub it with the mustard, pepper it, and place in pan.  Add the garlic, onion, orange juice,
Packet from roast, fennel seed, Garlic and onion powder.  Add Beer.  Cover and cook on about 350 degrees for about 3 hours.  Then add the cabbage, carrots and potatos and cook about another 45 minutes or until done.

I hope you try this recipe it turned out really good.  Have a Happy Saint Patty's day and try not to drink to much green beer but have loads of fun!  Write me at madjon51@aol.com and forward some recipes for me to try on the TV show "Cooking with Madjon and Friends".  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment