Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let's have some "Chocolate Cream Pie" and "Raisin Bran Muffins" mummum

Hello to all you foodies out there in webland.  Am sorry its been awhile since my last post but I've been a very busy lady this month.  I went to Canton as you all know and cooked with 24 wonderful men.  Then I also finished catering for the dignataires that came into Aiken.  There was about 40 of them plus some Aiken and S.C.  representatives.  I made some Low Country Boil, Chicken and Dumps, Collard Greens, Creddar Cheese Biscuits, home made Banana Pudding, Peach Pie, Pecan Carmel Pie with Chocolate Sauce, and home made Ice Cream.  It was all a BIG hit and there was hardly any left overs.  I also made Chicken Salad, Egg Salad with Red Caviar, and fresh Pimientos Cheese, all madjon's recipes.  Love it, Love it.  A good time was had by all.  I was honored to be asked to be a part of it all.  I also catered the one they had last year as well.  Then I left about 10:30 to go catch a train to Washington D.C. where I met my hubby and daughter to celebrate our Son's Birthday, Chris Hutson.  We arrived for the train at about 2:00 am and off we went.  By the way I was told by my children that when I got there I could have a drink and something to eat, well they were wrong, wrong, wrong!  We had not eatten because we were to busy feeding everyone else.  I wanted something to drink in the worst way.  The young man heard me say that I had not eatten and I was starving, let alone thirsty!  He offered me his food and I thought you are so sweet but I told him I wasn't going ot eat his food. I thanked him anyway. Then we get settled into our sits and this is the first time I've ever traveled on a train and I had to get my water out of the wall and I didn't like the flavor.  Any who I can't sleep and in front of me on the other side of the sit was a young man watching his computer with movies and the sound was off.  So I watched 3 movies while I was waiting for the cafe to open.  Remember there was no sound on the movies and ever time I'd go to close my eyes we were stopping and the wheels were making all kind of noises.  So after three movies,  the young man finally shuts down his computer and goes to sleep.  So my buddy who woke up with a little help from me says its 6:00 o'clock and I said yea, let's go.  We get there and its a little cafe where you get coffee and bagged food that they heat. Well beggers can't be choosers.  We both order coffee and get a bagged hamburger and after it was heated the bread was like rubber and the only thing we had to put on it was mayo, mustard that kind of thing.  Well, anywho, we get done to almost the last bite and this lady comes walking though and says to me, " Do you know where the dining car is?"  I said your in it are't you?  She looked at me and says, I don't think so.  So she waddles on back to another car and I looked at my buddy and said you are in so much trouble if there is a dining car on this train!  So, I walked back to the other car and would you believe they were frying bacon, eggs, etc. etc.  I went back to my buddy and said they are cooking real FOOD on this train and I want some!  So we went back there and halfed a breakfast and let me tell you it was very good!   I didn't want to leave there until we got off.  So we arrived at 10:30 am and went to my friends Ann's house and took a bath,  then ate brunch, you know that my son made us some home made sausage with his spice rub and it was wonderful, full of flavor and then we went to the capital for a tour.  Then went back to  get dressed for a Birthday Ball for our son and I wore a powder wig which everyone kept playing with it and by the end of the night it was bent over like a wet noodle.  It was alot of fun and we finally got o bed about 2:00 am in the morning and then we left D.C. on Sunday about 12:00 after we ate at the market down town in the hill area.   I must say I didn't think that we'd be able to stay awake at my age but I was having to much fun to waste time on falling asleep.   Now let's talk about pie and muffins.  I made both these recipes up for "Cooking With Madjon and Friends". show  The recipes are a follows:

Chocolate Cream Pie With Meringue

1 2/3 to 2 Cups Cream
3 T. Corn Starch
5 T. Cocoa
1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand Milk
4 Egg Yolks, beaten
3 T. Butter
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 9 inch Baked Pie Shell

Meringue

4 Egg Whites
4 T. Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Place and Mix corn starch and cocoa together.   Then stir in eagle brand, milk and egg yolks.  Cook until thick, add butter, vanilla, and cool  before pouring mixture into pie shell.  Meringue:  Beat egg whites and slowly add sugar and when they are stiff and foam peaks, add vanilla beat and it should take about 6 minutes.  Then place in a pre-heated oven on about 400 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Raisin Brad Muffins

1 1/2 Cups Raisin Bran Cereal
1 Cup Wheat Flour
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/3 Cup Oil
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Large Apple cubed and peeled
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased muffins pans.  Bake at 375 for about 15 to 20 minutes or until done.

Ok then, I hope you try these recipes for your family and enjoy them as much as we do.  Please e-mail me with any recipes that you have that I can use on the TV show.  It is madjon51@aol.com and watch the TV show on http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95, "Cooking with Madjon and Friends".  Happy trail to you and yours until we met again and I hope your train ride was as fun as ours!  See Ya, Eileen Hutson, madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment