Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stuffed Tomatoes Parmesan cheese

Hello to all my foodie friends out in web land hope all is well.  I've  been busy today with playing  bridge and serving up some beer cheese soup and was it tasty.  All my guest sat around in their coats  because my hubby doesn't let me change the thermostats.  They said the next time its my turn we'd go to Ellen's mom's house its really warm there.  My hubby said for guest  I could turn it up a couple degrees, what a guy.  That's how you save money at our house you do have to start someplace.  His not the only one saving money by turning down the heat so does his sister.  We were playing games with their parents and they were sitting there with their jackets on to stay warm poor things we joked about it.   It's not like anyone in this group can't afford to pay a bill they just choose to use their money on fun things they like to do or their just hot I suppose that could be the reason.  Any who while I was there my sister in law wanted to make some tomatoes soup which I blogged the recipe already and I made a beef roast and stuffed tomatoes that she bought from the farmers market in NASA which by the way is wonderful to visit there were some great winter vegetables to buy.  We had the best of beets and I think we picked up four different greens that she sautée with olive oil and garlic.  Rhonda cooked collard greens for the first time she was waiting for me to get back from the ranch and she couldn't wait to cook them so I text-ed her though it and Blaise loved them.  They were very tasty indeed, it was a great way to use the left over Ham she had from Christmas.  Ham Hocks are a good seasoning to use for Collards with onions and garlic, yum, yum.  You have to remember to remove the spine on collards because that's what gives then the bitter taste and add a little sugar to the cooking process.

Stuffed Tomatoes

5 to 6 small Tomatoes cut in half and seeds removed
1/2 Cup melted Butter
1/2 cup graded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Mayo or Salad Dressing
1 tsp. Onion and Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
1 cup Panko crumbs
Parmesan cheese for topping

Melt the butter and add it to the panko crumbs.  Then add the mayo, salt and pepper, onion and garlic, mix till it is well blended.  Then add the Italian seasonings and graded Parmesan cheese.   Then cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.  Salt and Pepper the tomatoes to taste.  Fill the tomato shells with the panko mix and place on a greased ribbed pan, top with some more Parmesan cheese  and bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees until the tomatoes are tender and the crust is brown.

Hope you enjoy this recipe and please leave a comment or questions I love hearing from you all.  If your shy my email address is madjon51@aol.com.  Please keep your houses warm if you can afford the heat and use your fireplaces.  Come follow me on face book, twitter me, or Instagram me with your favorite foodie picture.  Happy trails to you until we meet again and Happy Cooking Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment