Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

MadJon's American Apple Pie Servings with Ice Cream Fall's First

Hello to all my foodies friends out there in web land its MadJon again and cooking's my game and am hoping that's its your game too.  Today we are going to talk about that fall favorite the American Apple Pie, yum yum.  I made these for a catering job over in Augusta yesterday and served it up with Byers Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, is there anything better.


Yes I used a ready made crust, nothing wrong with that if you are short on time.  I remember when I owned the cafe and they asked me to make a Apple Pie for a fund raiser and I had no idea that it was also for a contest.So came the day for pick up for the pie and I was making it up in the test kitchen and writing down the recipe as I went.  Well they picked up the pie and the following Monday a lady came into the cafe carrying a large trophy and a 100 dollar check for me, I won Best In Show, what a shock.  Any who it was nice to win first place for one of my creations.  You know that pies have been around for centuries and the first pies were make to cover the foods kind of like we use Tupperware and they were called coffins if I remember my history correct.  The sweet pies back then were made with honey not sugar.  I'd still like a pie with honey flavor and did you know that during the depression days they made Mock Apple Pies with that famous cracker the RITZ, which is the most sold cracker today.  It'd be nice to have a food history like that.  Any who I hope you give this recipe a try and also I'd love to hear from you all on this thing called a blog and pass some recipes along the way or just say hello.  Happy trails to you until we meet again and come watch the TV
shows at aikenstandard.tv.

As American As Apple Pie

 8 to 10 Apples, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 TBSP
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 stick melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp. vanilla

Slice and peel the apples and pour the lemon juice on them.  Then add all the ingredients to the apples and mix til they are well blended.  Pour apple mix  into a prepared pie shell and top with another crust.  Press the edges and prick to top of the crust with a knives to let the air out the top of the pie while its cooking..  Cook in a pre-heated oven at 400 until nice and brown.  You may also add some butter slices on the top of the apple mix before you place the top crust on the pie.  Bona Y'all.

Also this Saturday am going to another casting call for Master Chef so wish me much luck, thanks to all and God Bess, Cooking With MadJon & Friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment