Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Low Fat White Beans With Brown Rice Chicken Sausage & Shrimp SCSFA


Well Howdy, Y'all Its MadJon again coming to you from the great state of South Carolina.  I hope all is well with all my foodie friends out there in web-land.  I've been busy with getting my products into markets and Shop's around these parts.  I was in Columbia all day yesterday from like ten to five, that's a lot of hours to be on your feet and just talking and handing out food samples.  I did sell some product and I say thanks very much.  I sold some product today as well.  Tomorrow is another day and I will be selling products at the Aiken Farmers Market again with Aiken Dry Goods and its the start of their fall market.  I love the contact that I get to have with the people I meet, you learn so much about people if you just remember to ask them about themselves instead of just you. I met some restaurant and cafe owners who are trying their hands at selling SCSFA goods in their establishments as well  We met some great South Carolina vendors as well and I got to taste a whole bunch of great food. Got some good ideas as well.  I became a member in 2007 when I opened my restaurant to sell and test out recipes that I made up and developed more recipes.  I have a head full of recipes and dishes that I'd like to get to market some day.  The SCSFA helps with marketing vendors like me and hopefully our products take off and help us and our state.  This is a nationwide thing if you all are interested.  Next am seriously going to try making a cookbook and try to get it marketed myself.  I have one out there but I wasn't the one marketing it.  I do have publishers call me but they will be wanting more money then am willing right now to let go giving the environment that we are all living in these days.  I think am going to be sending more less expensive good tasting recipes ideas your way now today I saw a lady in the food store buying a beef roast and she paid like 25.00 for that roast, come on now I know the meat looked good but who can afford prices like that all the time.  Our government says there is no inflation, that's B--- S---.  They do a neat thing here by not adding our gas and food to their inflation but boy it is our inflation.  So to me if something keeps going up and up then I call that a bad inflation!  Then on top of that we are taxed to death with the hidden taxes that our companies have to pay the government like on breads and gas then we are taxed again on used items so our state governments and federal governments get paid triple or more when all's said and done.  I know we need to pay taxes to get our country running however I think they should live on a budget that some of these single women with kids are trying to live on after all not all the Dad's kids pay child support, sad thing.  Heck I don't know where this came from I meant to talk about trying to help your food cost go a little further and with this recipe it can.  Any who now if you make this recipe I used sausage made with chicken and I used the tiny shrimp frozen already cooked type for the shrimp.  I bought them for .99 a package.  This soups is made with White Beans and they are a healthy thing to eat and they go along way when your feeding a family.  You can also use chicken broth that you have frozen.  I make chicken broth when I have chicken bones that I boil from cuttings.  I add an onion and celery to the mix cook it and then freeze it.  Any who I hope you try this recipe and remember recipes can be changed up to your liking.

White Beans & Rice

1 pound white beans cooked with salt and Pepper, I like it cooked with chicken broth but you can use water: according to package directions.  Add to beans while cooking:
1 onion diced
3 ribs celery diced
4 cloves minced garlic
1 TBSP Onion & Garlic powders
3 Bay Leafs
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp. Mrs's Dashes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can french onion soup
2 Cups ringed Chicken Sausage or any other sausage
2 Bags frozen tiny shrimp
2 cups cooked Brown of white Rice , add the rice when your beans are tender then cook away cook away all.  Serve with some left over pan seared Corn Bread.  Yum Yum

Well write me at madjon51@aol.com  with any cooking questions and also come like my fan page on FB at Cooking With MadJon & Friends.  You can Twitter me as well #madjon51 with a follow because I follow back!  Happy Trails to you until we meet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment