Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Making Peanut Butter Balls & Yogurt Dip for The Watchman Channel Club 36

Hello to all my foodies friends out in web land and hope all is well.  Today am going to give you a couple of my recipes one is called Peanut Butter Balls and another one is Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip that you serve with fresh fruits which is very tasty indeed.  Both these dishes I made on a shoot last week for Channel 49 out of North Augusta WBPI I believe is the station letters.  Any who I came from a family of six kids, five girls and one boy.  I don't know if you come from a large family or not but its first come first serve at our house.  My mom and dad went to the store only once a week and if you didn't get to the good stash within the first two or three days you'd have to wait to get snacks on the next run to the store.  I did have sisters that would stash food away and hind it from you and they know if I mean.  Any who I would make up recipes for good snacks for after school days and this is one I made up.  Also I made this for the shoot on Club 36 with Dorothy Spaulding and Tamara they wanted snacks for kids after school treats.  I do have a story from the show the producers name is Jim and I had made the Balls and was p putting them into the refrigerator to rest and unknown to me he stash one off the tray and went in the back to try it out.  Well when Tamara asked me to pull them out for the camera I tilted the tray thinking I had lost a ball in the corner.  So I said to Tamara that the picture will be off because I dropped one of the balls and Jim started laughing and was telling me on camera that it went to the back to be tested.  That was a good laugh, I didn't even see them take it  You can make these with Syrups or Honey.  I used honey in this recipe.  If you use local honey for your kids it will help with there allergies if they have any.  I served the yogurt recipe with fresh fruits like sliced Banana's and Strawberries filled with Whipped Cream and a Blueberry on top.  Also the photo is of my friend Peggy Parnell making her famous Skillet Corn which is awesome dish for the holidays.

Honey Peanut Butter Balls

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Honey
1 cup crushed Saltines
1 cup minced Chocolate Chips
1 Cup chopped Nuts
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar

This makes about 12 to 18 balls.  Mix the peanut butter, honey and crackers until blended.  Roll into balls with greased hand.  Roll into the chocolate chips, nuts, and powdered sugar.  Place in the cooler for about 20 minutes and then they are ready to eat.  Your kids will love making these.

Peanut Butter Yogurt

1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
3 TBSP Peanut Butter
2 TSP. honey

Mix all together and serve with fresh fruits for your kids to enjoy.

Please try these recipes and if you have nay questions please write me at madjon51@aol.com.  Come like my fan page on FB at Cooking With MadJon & Friends and watch the shows at aikenstandard.tv.  DVD's are available for 20.00 a show.  Bona Y'all.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment