Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Last of Summer Italian Fried Okra


Hello to all my foodie friends hope that all is well with your summer.  I've been busy with products and selling products along with some catering.  Next Tuesday the 19th I'll be joining Channel 49 out of North Augusta filming another TV Cooking show and lookin very much forward to it.  You may watch it on the web and it will air at seven on the 19th and you can goggle The Watchmen Channel for those of you that can't watch it  We are going to be making some snacks for the kid-o's and show a couple recipes for frozen Crock Pot dinners for you busy mom's and Dad's out there after all when you work all day and come home and take care of you and kids it's nice not to have to do much in the kitchen but the clean up.  I want to say that we have had great luck with our garden this year with all the bounty I've taken out of it.  I say great chicken poop.  Also I'd like to tell you that if you haven't cooked much fresh okra then the thing to know is that if you can't cut it throw that one out.  Its to woody to cut or eat save that one for making some rope.  Also I'd like to say how sad I was to hear about Robin Williams passing along with Lauren Bacall.  What a gift they both had however you know I think that the greatest gift that you have in life is laughter and Robin Williams did make the whole world life but to bad he couldn't fix himself.  He will be truly missed for that one thing alone.
I also much enjoyed the movies that I used to watch on TV starring Lauren Bacall.  any who that said let's make some fried Okra, yum yum.

Italian Fried Okra

1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp red pepper spice
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 pound Okra cut in 1" slices

Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Dip the sliced okra into the buttermilk and then the flour mix, coat even
Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a frying pan.  Drop the dipped okra into the pan and cook it until its brown on both sides.  Serve warm

Hope you enjoy this recipe and email me at madjon51@aol.com if you have any questions.  Want to thank everyone that's like my fan page on Facebook at Cooking With MadJon & Friends.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment