Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Master's Spinach Balls With or Without Sausage


Hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land its MadJon  coming to you from the great state of South Carolina.  I've been busy with some catering and this recipe is from one of the Master's catering jobs which we served these to Atlantic Broadband.  They are easy to make but when you are using this recipe make sure to leave them in till they are nice and brown also remove the Spinach Balls from the pan fast.  They tend to stick easy.  This was one of the favorite dishes we served them.  The menu went something like this:

Pulled Pork Sliders
Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
French Pastry with stuffed Sausage and Potatoes
Cranberry Meatballs
Pimento Cheese Bites, homemade
Vegetable Boats with my Balsamic Dressing
Spinach Balls
Cajun Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Fruit Tray
Cheese Tray
Key Lime Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Shortbread bars

Well that's all I can remember for now, LOL.  I've been busy getting ready for another catering job for next Tuesday.   So now I leave in the morning to go to DC and visit our son over the Easter Holiday so I just love going to DC there is so much to see and do.  Also when I made these Spinach Balls I did not cook the Spinach first.  I dried it and then I mixed it into the dry ingredients.  Am not sure when these balls were born but they are a popular dish for holidays and party's.  I can remember making them for party's in the 70's as a young bride.

Enjoy these balls and let me know how they turned out at madjon51@aol.com, write me if you have any questions on a recipe or need help getting recipes.  Happy Easter and Happy trails to you until we meet again.

Spinach Balls

2 10 oz. packages frozen spinach, chopped
2-2 1/2 cups Herb stuffing, boxed
3/4 cup Butter. melted
6 eggs
1/2-3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 onion, minced
Pinch of Thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powders
1 pound Breakfast Sausage (optional)

Dry the spinach and mix it with the stuffing, spices, salt, pepper, and cheese.  Mix well.  Roll into balls.  Bakes at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on a greased cookie sheet. Add the sausage if you wish to the mix and bake.  Bona' Y'all.







No comments:

Post a Comment