Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Yea No Rain Today Garden Planted Wedding finished Making Chicken Spinach Marsala


 OK hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land its me again MadJon wishing you all some happy cooking.  I've been busy with of all things today the dentist, gotta love them.  Take care of the teeth and remember to floss.   Since I wrote to you all last I have managed 3 catering jobs, 3 shoots, and was sick for a week.  Am better now.  I finished planting our garden in the rain yesterday and it was cold.  I planted the last of our flowers and garlic, yum yum nothing better then fresh garlic and the flowers are suppose to keep the moths from laying eggs on our squash, let's hope it works.  I'll keep you posted.  Am going to add some cardboard and some natural material between the rolls to keep down the weeds, I don't want any poison's on my vegetables.   Each year our soil gets better by adding more of the Chicken Poop and we are composting all that we have that is raw material except am not going to use the newspapers.  I'll let my girlfriend use them in her garden I just think they are to heavy for our dirt.  I want soil that crumbles in my hands.  I do however need to add some of those things called worms!  Any who our garden is growing right along even if the sun hasn't been shining on us here in South Carolina lately.  I managed to do a live Radio Talk show last week with Renee and Doug on WNRR 1380 AM dail and am looking forward to being invited back.  We are going to talk me about that thing called food and cooking, love it love it.  Renee will make an appearance on the show tomorrow with me and we are going to be cooking her mothers recipes, Pound Cake and a Chicken Casserole that her mom has made for years.  Am going to be making some Green Beans roasted in the oven with Bacon on top, yum yum. I can't wait and I love having guest on with me.  It however does take about 3 hours to do a shoot so its not like you just walk in and do a show.  First I shoot at my home and I clean for the shoot, then go to the store, plan the menu's, pick the guest,  prep, and do dishes all in the same shoot.  However my guest do help me with the dishes and I love letting them do the cooking and love it when they say oh I can't cook but they can there is a Chef hidden in everyone.  I love the interview parts and I love to watch their faces would they taste the finale product.  I had desserts for about 100 people for my first catering job, and I turned that into a show.  Then for the next three days I cooked for the wedding and it was dinner for about 166 guest.  I prepared everything on the Brides list that she wanted.  They hardly had time to eat much of it but the guest seemed enjoyed it.  The wedding cake I made was a Lemon cake with Lemon Icing, it was yum yum.  Her menu included a Wedding Salad, with Feta cheese, Candied Pecans, Mandarin Oranges, fresh Strawberries with my Balsamic Vinegar Dressing.  She asked for my Pulled Pork and Potatoes Salad.  Two kinds of Chicken Marsala, Spinach and Mushrooms.  Then I made Mimi Cheesecakes, mixtures of Fruits and Cheeses, and my Buffalo Chick Spring Rolls with also some Vegetable Spring Rolls.  Plenty of food for everyone.  Any who it was my pleasure to serve everyone at the wedding.  Please do me a favor and go like my fan page on face book at https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithMadjon  and watch the TV shows at www.aikenstandard.tv email me with any questions about recipes or cooking at madjon51@aol.com.  I also wanted to thank Rex and all the girls who helped me with this wedding from set-ups to helping cook and the cupcakes and Icing.

MadJon's Chicken Marsala

1 pound Chicken Breast, cut and pounded very thin
1 Cup Flour, to coat the chicken in
Salt Pepper to taste
1.5 tsp Onion and Garlic Powders
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp Italian Seasonings
1 package Shallots, chopped
4 cloves Gaelic minced
Olive Oil
!/2 stick Butter
2 Chicken Bouillons
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Cream
1 cup White Wine

Pound you Chicken and cut in serving sizes.  Mix flour, salt-pepper, onion-garlic powders, thyme, and Italian spices together.  Coat the chicken pieces with the flour, reserve the flour left overs.  Brown the chicken with the butter and olive oil.  Remove from pan and add some more olive oil, about 3 TBSP and brown the shallots and garlic until caramelized in the pan, add the wine an stir.  Then add the reserved flour into the pan with the bouillons and chicken broth.  Cook until simmering.  Then add the chicken back into the pan and simmer about 10 minutes and add the cream.  If you wish to add the Spinach saute the spinach with some olive oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic power lightly and cook for a couple of minutes and add it to your chicken.  Serve with your pasta and top with cheese if you wish..

I hope that you enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you.  Happy trails to you until we meet again, Bona' y'all.
Pasta, 1 pound cooked and tossed with Olive Oil and Butter, salted to taste





No comments:

Post a Comment