Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

St Paddy's Day Shoot Abigail Corn Bread Salad

Hello to all my foodies friends out in web land hope all is well.  Tonight we are going to be introducing you to a new kind of Salad made with baked corn bread as part of the mix.  We cooked this as part of the St Paddy's Day show which it was nice to have a true Irish girl join me along this trip.  Her name is Abby as I call her and she is the cutest second grader I've ever had the pleasure to have on my show.  She talked about how her mom Susie loves to celebrated her special day with friends with Corn Beef ,Cabbage, and beer.  I asked Abby how was it she could get out of school for the day to come help Me Me cook and she says, she just called the office and told them I was sick.  Then I asked her if she told anybody that she was going to be cooking on the show and she says, Yes I told a couple people I wouldn't be here tomorrow.  I just laughed and I hope the school understands that it was a learning experience.  Her granny, Big Bird was suppose to join in on the fun but she was sick that day.  Abby and I went it alone and to my surprise she knew alot about cooking Irish foods and was a great help.  She talked about how she found her pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will her leprechaun in her room.  I wish all of us can meet a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow someday.  In the meantime I know we can at least enjoy their foods.  We also made Irish Soda Bread, Irish Beer Stew, and a Caraway Brundt Cake with Irish Whiskey.  We also added some caraway seeds to the Soda Bread we made.  It was all very tasty indeed.  I hope I have time before St Paddy's Day to put up some more recipes for you to try.  I really liked the Stew we made.  Any who here is the recipe of the Corn Bread Salad.

Corn Bread Salad:


Cooked Corn Bread                           1 box of jiffy cook according to directions
Ranch Salad Dressing Packet            1 packet
Sour Cream                                         16 ozs
Buttermilk                                             1.5 cups
Yellow Cheese, shredded                    1 packet
Corn, whole canned                             1 can drained
Black Beans canned                             1 can drained
Red Bell Pepper                                    1 diced
Green Onions                                         3 diced
Cucumber                                              1 peeled, diced
Tomatoes                                              2 diced
Lemon juice                                           2 TBSP
Salt and Pepper                                    to taste
Hot Peppers                                          diced seeds removed
Cilantro                                                  ¼ bunch, chopped, optional
Bacon, cooked                                      ½ pound, cooked crisp
 
 
 
Directions:

 

 
Cook the corn bread according to box directions.  Blend the sour cream, ranch dressing packet, buttermilk and cornbread together and set aside.  Cook the bacon and cool.  Mix the corn and black beans in an oblong pan with the tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, cilantro, peppers, and bell peppers.  Salt, pepper to taste, add lemon juice.  Now layer the bacon on top of the vegetables.  Then top that with the cheese.  Then top the vegetables with the corn bread and chill.  Serve cold.  Enjoy y’all.

 Well I hope you give this recipe a try and email at madjon51@aol.com with any questions or recipes that I may try.  Watch the cooking show at www.aikenstandrad.com.  Come like my fan page at,'Cooking With MadJon and Friends" on that thing called face book.  Happy Trails to you until we meet again.  Twitter me @madjon51.

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment