Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

There's Oil in the Fields In Texas With Doves Smoked Mesquite Bacon

Hello to all my food friend out there in Web Land its MadJon again and am going to talking a little bit about ranch life near Three Rivers Texas.  Every year we go visit the Chapman Ranch in Whitsett.  He raises Beef Master cattle and I guess you'd call him a cowman.  However he holds hunts on his ranch for deer and just about every animal known in them parts.  The matto is if you kill it you have to eat it.  That's way I don't go hunting, no telling what I'd end up with.  Any who our nephew took his little girl out to hunt and they came back with a dead Sand Crane and of course he had to dress it out and get it ready to cook.  When they got home with the crane my niece crying, told her granny, I don't want to eat a Sand Crane for supper Granny.  Well, he got it ready and wrapped it in Bacon and smoked it.  He sent over some for us to try and of course I passed and Rhonda tried it and never thought she'd ever get finished crewing.  She said,d it taste like beef but its really hard to crew.  I told him to tenderize the meat before wrapping the bacon on it.  I would have added some seasonings as well.  Any who am going to pass on a recipe that I did try with the Bacon Wrapped Dove smoked over some Mesquite chips.  It was very good and Amy was the chef that night at the ranch.  We attended a Beefmaster Bull sell and say the first prized bull go for around 38,000.00, now that's alot of beef.  We ate rib eye steaks at the auction they held and ate BBQ Brisket, cooked Texas style, the next day and I can say it was all eaten and a fine time had by all.  I hope to go back next year.  As to the Oil fields they are fill and people are buying up land like crazy for that Texas Gold.  Any way give this recipe a try next time you hunters bring home some birds.  Try smoking them over some Mesquite wood.

Texas Doves Smoked With Bacon

12 doves
12 slices Bacon
Onion Powder, for dusting
Garlic Powder, for dusting
Salt and Pepper to taste
Smoked Paprika, to dust
Hooters Hot Wing Sauce, 1 cup

Get your fire ready to smoke or just grille it.  You want the wood to be like hot  coals.  Then Dust the birds with the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.  You could throw in some hot sauce if you wish.  Then wrap the dove in bacon and add a tooth pick to hold the bacon on with.  Cook until nice and brown and bast with the hooters Hot Wing Sauce.

Hope you enjoyed the ranch life story and you should go visit one some day.  Nothing like viewing the stars at night from that rance or any ranch.  Please watch my TV show on the Aiken Standard website.  God like my fan page on facebook called Cooking With MadJon and Friends.  Bona Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment