Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes Mark Busbee & JT Handy

Long, Long Ago
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
And long, long ago.

Chorus
And for long, long ago, my dear
For long, long ago,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
For long, long ago

And surely youll buy your pint-jug!
And surely I'll buy mine!
And we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
For long, long ago.

Chorus
We two have run about the hills
And pulled the daisies fine;
But we've wandered manys the weary foot
Since long, long ago.

Chorus
We two have paddled in the stream,
From morning sun till dine;
But seas between us broad have roared
Since long, long ago.

Chorus
And there's a hand, my trusty friend!
And give us a hand of yours!
And we'll take a deep draught of good-will
For long, long ago.

Chorus
Did you know that Auld Lang Syne literally translates to “Old Long Since” and was Robert Burns and Scotland’s gift to the world. It is a song I never bothered to really study however it’s a song that’s sang all over the world on New Years it connects the world with words. I wish we could make peace all over the world with just a few words. Any who New Year gives us like a fresh start with our lives. Sometimes we start the New year with resolutions that we take with us into the new year. However, am not one to make resolutions, because I don’t want to break one that I make. Any who when I was in the cafĂ© business everyone had a resolution to lose weight, that lasted all of two weeks. Then I went out and ask a few friends if they made New Year resolutions and a few do like my friend Suzie, who says she needs to learn to say no and put herself first for a while. Then my friend Ginger at the Magnolia Natural Market is thinking about opening three nights a week and juicing more. Then I talked with Marcie and she is going to study the Argentine Tango and in April go to the jungles of Costa Rica and study Shamanism, I think I’d like to go with her,. That sounds really interesting, am with you girl! Any who I wish everyone lots of luck and wealth in the next year. Don’t forget to eat your Greens for wealth and Black Eyed peas for luck. I will be eating them twice because when Chef JT Handy came on the New Years show with me he made some tasty Hopping John with some greens tossed in. I’d never had them served together before. I know his secret ingredient was his famous Bacon Fat that he uses on his smoked meats when he BBQ’s. That’s one of the tricks I learned from that Master Grille Chef. Then from Master Grille Chef Mark Busbee I learned how to make a wonderful Hash Brown Casserole and the best Smokin’ meat loaf, he adds lots of spices just the way I like it. JT as he’s called, says you should mix the woods when smoking your meats it seems to bring on a lighter smoke flavor. He is what you call a pit Master of JT’s BBQ and also co-host of the popular radio talk show BBQ Shop Talk and Mark is the other co-host of the radio talk show. Mark also is Co-owner of “Smokin Cole’s line of sauces and seasoning and my favorite is Buzz’s Butt Dust”. He also is an awarding winning Pit Master of the Q ”Fore” U cook Team, and a Judge as well. These two men I could talk about for days with all their awards and what they do for the Southern BBQ and statewide events. I just want to say buy their products and listen to them on the BBQ Shop Talk radio show to learn a lot more from them if you are interested in learning more about BBQ. I want to wish you all a very Happy, healthy New Year and please try some of these recipes to bring on the New Year. Thanks to all for watching the “Cooking With MadJon and Friends” on ASTV 95, we will be starting our fourth season.  You can also view the videos from this web site.

Rosemary Sweet Potatoes Roasted

4 Sweet Potatoes Diced
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.5 tsp. Garlic and Onion Powder 
2 tsp. Rosemary, dried
3 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Onion, Sliced

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.  Place Sweet potatoes and the six other ingredients in a bowl and mix till well blended.  Pour onto a flat rimmed cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees or place on your BBQ grille covered in foil for about 20 minutes. 

Happy New Year and Happy trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment