Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Johnston Peach Blossom Festival & B.B.Q. Creole Chicken

Hello to all my foodies friends out there in Web Land.  Hope all is well and the cooking is great this summer with all the B.B.Q. dinners that you will be making.  Any Who am one tried puppy today.  I watched my friends grand baby today and I forgot how much work babies can be.  Any Who the baby made it though the rough day I gave him.  He is so cute and has the bluest eyes.  Tomorrow I film for the Cooking With MadJon and Friends TV show which I will be making Peach Ice Cream, Lemon Cake, Strawberry Salsa, and Guacamole.   Sounds wonderful and my hubby will love it.  Am getting ready to cook at the Taste Of Home Cooking Show on this Thursday plus getting ready to cater for the VIP room. Boy am exhausted!  Last Saturday we went to the Johnston Peach Blossom Festival and had a great time shooting there.  I love small town parades like they had.  The Grand Marshall was a WW11 vet and there is not a lot of the Greatest Generation left.  It made me feel like I was sent back to the 50's with all the warmth the town could muster.  The food was great and they offered goodies like Red Velvet Funnel Cake to Roasted Butts.  A good time was had by all.  For your information alot of the food venders at festival or events are only attending at the festivals and fairs.  So if you like the foods they have to offer, you need to find out what events they travel too.  Any Who are you ready for some B.B.Q. Chicken?

B.B.Q. Creole Chicken

Sauce:  Heat all ingredients in a pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
1/2 Cup Apple Cedar Vinegar
1/2 Cup Water
1 tsp. each Garlic and Onion Powder
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
Black Pepper to taste
Crushed Red Peppers to taste
1 1/2 tsp. Tony Creole Seasoning
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
3 TBSP Sugar

2 Whole Chickens Cut in Half

Season the chicken half's with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders to taste.  Dust them baby dust them!  Cook the chickens on high in your pit but on indirect heat.  It takes longer to cook the chickens but it taste alot better.  After the chicken has cooked for about 1 1/2 hours then baste the chicken with your sauce about twice and then cook another half hour of until the chicken is done.

Well I hope you give this recipe a try and wish me luck with The Taste of  Home Cooking Show.  E-mail me at madjon51@aol.com.  Come like my fan page on FB at Cooking With MadJon and Firends.  Watch the TV show at wwwaikenstandard.com ASTV 95.  appy Trails to you until we meet again, Bona Y'all.

2 comments:

  1. It is yummy and you should try the sauce on it. It can be cooked in the oven as well. Thanks, MadJon.

    ReplyDelete