Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Catering With RCTCU And Italian Meatballs With Mushroom Sauce

Hello to all you foodies out there in web land I hope all is well.  Hope you are eating some wonderful food that you enjoy and that is worth all the calories that you intake.  I say if it doesn't taste good just don't wast the calorie counts.  Me I've been busy with our garden and also I had a catering job in April.  It was for the RCTCU members.  This is my fourth year catering for them.  Its always a pleasure cooking for them because they seem to like the foods I choose every year.  Great to have Food Fans!  That is what keeps me going in this business is customers that enjoy my foods.  I also feel very humbled to serve them.  To them I say thanks you.  Also one of them wrote me to ask for the recipe of the Italian Meatballs and am more then happy to share it.  I also served these at our daughters wedding reception about 17 years ago.  So any who, if anyone is living in the CSRA or Atlanta area I'd love to come and cater or private cheffing for you.  Contact me at madjon51@aol.com and also go to http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95 and view some recipes that you may try of mine.  Recipe follows:

Italian Meatballs With Mushroom Sauce

Ready Made Italian Meatballs, about 48
Mushroom Soup, 1 can
Sour Cream, 1 1/2 cups
Heavy Cream, 1 1/2 cups
Worcestershire Sauce, 1 1/2 TBSP
Onion, diced 1 large
Garlic, 4 gloves, minced
Butter, 1 stick
Flour, 2 TBSP
Oregano, dried 1 1/2  tsp.
Sweet Basil, dried, 1 1/2  tsp.
Onion and Garlic Powder, 1 tsp. each
Black Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese, garnish, 1 cup
Parsley Flecks, 1/4 cup. garnish

Heat butter in a pan and add the onions and garlic, cook till they are clear in color.  Add the flour and mix lightly. Then  add the soup, sour cream, and Worcestershire.  Mix well on low heat.  Then add the onion and garlic powder with the black pepper.  Then to that you add the oregano and basil.  Simmer.   Then add the cream and simmer about 10 minutes.  Cook your meatballs according to package directions. Add the sauce to the meatballs.  Then when they are ready to serve, garnish with the Parmesan cheese and parsley flecks.


I hope you give this recipe a try and you may add soem mushrooms to the sauce if you wish.  If you have any recipes out there that you would like for me to try just email me at madjon51@aol.com.  Come like my fan page on FB at Cooking With MadJona nd Friends.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Bona Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment