Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Let's Talk Italian Antipasto Salad Fresh Made Dressing

Hello to all you foodie friends of mine out there in web land its MadJon signing in and I hope all is going in your favor.  Me I've been just a little busy with going to the Columbia State Fair and cooking with my Pasta Gravy and MadJon's Salsa.  I made some Itlian Shrimp and Grits with MeMe's Pasta Gravy and  some Cheese dip with MadJon's Salsa, all was wonderbra I was told by people who ate.  I even had a Chocolate Cake and Coconut Cake made with MeMe's Cake Syrup.  Anywho I finished that until next year and then My hubby and I went to watch the North Augusta Middle School play some football and over see the band student of which my grandson Jonathan is a member and they play very well from what I heard, they have a great teacher.  Then yesterday I went over to my friends house to check on her and I went and opened the door and a snake fall from the top of her door right at my feet, I said, well you can guess what I said!  It had a pointed face so I went and grabed a shovel and chopped it in half.  Boy I was spooked all day long because also when I went out to check on my friend again their was a dead mouse right at the foot of my steps outside.  I thought what is it today with me!  Any who it made me very restless.  So today we are going to talk about making something I really enjoy eatting and its is easy to make and your friends will just love you for making it.  One thing that is nice about a salad is that you can make it fit your palate very well.  Salads have been around since the Roman empire and they used to use Oil and Vinegar just like us.  A salad can be made with alot of mixed vegetables and a variety of pastas, meats or even fruits.  They can be served hot or cold and with a varity of toppings and garnishes for whatever your litlle heart desires.  Anyway am going to pass this recipe on to you and I hope that you enjoy it.

Italian Antipasto Salad:

1 Head of Romaine Whole Lettuce Leaves
1 bag of Carrot Hearts, fresh
3 stocks Celery, cut lengthwise
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 Can Black Olives, drained
1/2 cup Green Olives
1 Bunch Broccoli Head
1 bunch Green Onions, Sliced
8 Oz's. Salami, thin sliced
8 Oz's. Smoked Salmon
6 Oz's. Provolone Cheese, sliced thin
1/2 cup Grated fresh Parmesan Cheese

Dressing:

1 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 T. Sugar
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 tsp. Basil, dried
1 tsp. Oregano, dried

 Mix the dressing till it is blended and set aside.  In large bowl clean the lettuce and place it all around the bowl with the whole leaves, like a blanket inside the bowl.  Then start adding the chopped up vegetables, and you want them in large pieces.  Then add the olives, then the meat and provolone cheese.  Then top the salad with the graded Parmesan cheese and salt and use ground pepper to top the salad.  When ready to serve pour your dressing on the salad and serve.  It should feed about 6 to 8 people.

Well I hope you try this recipe and please let me know how you like it.  I love hearing from everyone at madjon51@aol.com  Please watch my Tv show at http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95, "Cooking With MadJon and Friends".  Go like my fan page on FB as well, "Cooking With MadJon and Friends".  Now I think I covered it all.  Send me some recipes to try and I will make them on my show.  Am starting my third season in December. Still would like a couple more sponsors.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen F. Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment