Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Low Fat-"Cream" Soup A Goodie W/Mushrooms and Potato's

Hello again to all you Foodies out there in webland, hope all is well and your not caught in any BIG Snow Storms. However if you are I hope you try this soup and it helps you keep warm.  I made this soup on Mondays cooking show.  A friend of mine named Anne who lives in Washington, D.C. sent it to me and ask me to make some chances to make it taste better.  They used a nonfat dry milk in this and I know the way they made it that it was lower in Calorie count but I don't think the taste was there.  So I changed it a little.  I hope you like it Anne, we did.  I hope you like it as well.  Here goes.

3 Stalks Celery chopped
1 Onion chopped
4 gloves Garlic chopped
2 Bay Leafs
1 T. Onion and Garlic Powder
1 can Chicken Broth 49.5 oz.
1 teas. Oregano leaves
1 teas. Basil Leafs
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 T. Olive Oil
1 cup White Wine
3 to 4 T. Cornstarch
2 Chicken Bouillon
3 Packs White Mushrooms sliced
1 T. Butter
1/4 cup Parsley Flecks
1 1/2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
3 to 4 chopped Potato's peeled
2 cups non-fat Half and Half
Cut mushrooms, add cornstarch, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder, mix together in a bowl.  Place olive oil in pan and heat, pour mushroom mix into pan and  cover and cook till starting to fry then add 1 cup wine.  Simmer and turn often.  Then add about 1 cup of chicken broth.  Keep stirring until cooked.  Then take butter and some pam and place into another pan then add celery, onions, garlic, and cook till clear.  Then add all spices, rest of chicken broth.  Cook until boiling.  Then add the mushrooms and sauce mix.  Add Potato's and cook until done.  Add the milk and cook on low for about 15 min's.  Then pour into bowls and top with some parmesan cheese and croutons.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful comfort food.  Thanks to my friend Anne.  Hats off to you!  Please email me and let me know what you think of this soup.  I hope you enjoy it as much as the film crew did.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment