Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Let's Make Some heathy "Orange Oat Meal Bars" Yum Yum

Well hello again out there to all you foodies in webland its me again madjon.  I hope all is well and the weather isn't to cold for you.  Am going to send you one of the best recipes for some heathy and easy to do Orange Oat Meal Bars.  I made these up for a TV show that I didn't have alot of time to do a dessert so this was it!  You can't get any better then Oat Meal Bars to eat when they are warm and right out of the oven.  I think I made soup for the TV show with these.  Soup and a sandwich if I remember right.  I've been busy with catering and am booked for the next couple of weekends.  Looking forward to being busy again.  Well any who am sending you this recipe with much love.  Hope you like it as much as we did.

Orange Oat Meal Bars

1/2 cup plus 6 T. of Margarine
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 cups Oats
1 cup Raisins
Zest of one Orange, plus juice from half a Orange
1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)

Almost forgot to tell you how to put this together!  Mix sugar and soften margarine together, add eggs, orange zest and juice, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.  Mix and then add the oats. Mix and add the raisins, nuts, and oil a 9" by 13" pan.  Pour mix into pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until nice and brown.  Cut while still warm.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy the flavor of freshness with each bite!  Happy trails to you until we meet again.  E-mail me about this recipe and e-mail with recipes that you would like me to try for my TV show, "Cooking With Madjon & Friends".  Madjon51@aol.com.   Eileen Hutson, madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment