Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hello all you foodies out there in webland I just want to say Merry Christmas to you and yours.  I've been busy with family, friends and the cafe.  I finished my filming of Cooking With Madjon and Friends Christmas show last week.  To which am going to share 2 of the recipes with you all to try for the holidays.  First have you finished shopping for Christmas? Well I haven't as yet.  My hubbys birthday was on the 19th of Nov. and I bought him some pants that needed exchanged for a smaller size (I wish I had that problem) but anywho I went to the store to exchange the pants and there were 4 salespeople at the counter and only 1 customer and the young man asked me what I needed help with and when I told him I wanted to make an exchange his whole being changed.  He pointed me in the direction of where he thought the pants were now and when I asked him for some help all he says is I think they are over that way and pointed but a very nice lady saw what I was thinking and took me in the direction where she thought the pants were and helped me find my exchange.  Well when we got back to the counter the young man was gone and another person helped me.  She asked me if he had done this or that and I said no and told her that it was OK that he wasn't there anyway because he acted like a turd when he found out all I needed was an exchange.  So all the sales people started laughing at the counter and when I was leaving I overheard them explaning to him that all I wanted was help finding the pants and that was the reason he was a turd.  Any who this time of year is hard on all retail people and to them I tip my hat and say thanks so much for your duty at this time of year and I even say it to the young turd man.  That's my story and am sticking to it!  Ok now I have a funny story for you while we were on our way home from DC we stopped to eat.  As we were leaving I went to the restroom and as I walked in the stall I thought these are really clean seats.  While am in the stall I hear someone come in and when I came out of the stall there in front of me was my husband and I said either am in the wrong bathroom or you are and he says, Eileen didn't you see the lateens?  I said no, I paid no attention to them.  Now have you ever done that!  Am only human!  Come on I know you have.  Well here's to you finding help in the stores and your way to the right bathrooms for your gender.   OK now let's get back to food.  I made a Ham with pineapple and cherries, Christmas Yum Balls, and a Apple Walnut Salad with a Cranberry Dressing that I made up a recipe for and they are very tasty.  So here we go now!

Christmas Yum Ball's

5 to 6 cooked yams, cut up
1 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teas. ginger
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cup crushed frosted corn flakes

Peel and cook the yams, drain, mix the next 6 ingredents, then mix the pecans and corn flakes together.  Roll the yams into balls and roll in dry mix and place on a cookie sheet to cool for about 1 hour.  Then deep fry until golden brown.  These a very yummmm.

Apple Walnut Salad With Cranberry Dressing

4 to 5 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup roasted walnuts chopped
2 apples chopped
Blu cheese crumbled

Dressing
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 teas. vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teas. seasoned salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup cranberry sauce

Mix the greens and top with the other ingredents.  Mix all ingredents for the dressing and serve with the green salad.  This was yummm as well.

I do want you to know that tonight I took a hayride though the woods at 30 degrees with my family to look at Christmas lights and we ate hot dogs, and drunk hot chocolate at Breezy Hill Church and it was wonderful.  If you live in this area they are holding it though Friday.  I hope you try these recipes and let me know how they turn out for you.  To you and yours I say Happy Trails until we meet again.  I will be adding a couple more recipes for you before Christmas and the Christmas show will air on the 15th of this month on ASTV95 http://www.aikenstandard.com/ .  See Ya, Eileen Hutson, madjon.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that sounds great! Can I sub pecans for walnuts, though? Just a personal preference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you may use wlanuts and I hope it taste GREAT! Madjon.

    ReplyDelete