Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Chicken Cor don Bleu

Hello all you foodies out there in webland it is me again, Madjon.  I gotta tell you I have posted 2 more of these posts and saved them but I can't get back to them to finish them.  This computer thing is hard on me.  Any who, I've been busy with my hubby having surgery this week on his leg from a car crash.  Poor thing!  He has to stay home for six weeks, no driving for him.    He stays home while I go to the cafe and work.  Oh well such is life.  He should have been in a bigger car!  He had a little sports car bright orange, he kissed it good nite every nite.  Washed it all the time and it shined!  He was cute in it but I can't say am not happy about it going away.  Any who, we taped the Thanksgiving show today and I had my sisters Patsy and Imogene on.  They were so nervious I had to make them bloody mary's, what a hoot!  It's just a camera I told them.  We made Turkey Breast, Rice Sauage Dressing, Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Apples, and Parsnips with Bacon in a white sauce, Spice Pumkin Muffins, and Cranberry Won Ton's, all my own recipes. It took us about 3 hours to shoot.  It was alot of fun being with two of my sisters. James was very pleased with the outcome and it will be aired on Nov. 15th on http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV95.  Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  Did you know that the first Thanksgiving was really held on Nov. 29 by the pilgrims and it was about 1602 if I remember the right date.
   Now lets get to the Chicken Cro don Bleu, I did a show with this recipe.  I've been making it for years.  It is one of my son's favorite dishes that he remembers me making as a kid.  I hope you all enjoy it as well.  It is easy and a very elegant dish to serve to your family and guest.

Chicken Cor don Bleu

4 boneless chicken breast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
12 thin slices of ham
8 slices of swiss cheese
3 beaten eggs

1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
dash salt
dash pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary

1 cup wine
1 small package portabella mushroom sliced
2 chicken bouillon cubes

Preheat oven 350 degrees
Gently pound chicken breast, one at a time, between sheets of wax paper with a rubber mallet until they are thin but not with holes in them, your not making swiss cheese you know.
Season the top of each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
Lay a slice of hame and a slice of cheese horizontally along the bottom half of each breast, fold a 1/2 strip of each side inward and then fold the top over to enclose the filling completely. Secure with a toothpick, but remember to tell your guest about the tooth pick!
Mix the bread crumbs, flour mixed with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder, thyme, and Rosemary. Bowl two: Beaten eggs. Dip and coat each breast into eggs, then coat in the bread crumbs misture.
Brown in oil on top of stove. Place chicken into pan. Pour wine into pan with mushrooms, sprinkle with thyme and rosemary, add the cubes.
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. When chicken is cooked remove the dippings and place in a pan and add 1 can of mushrooms soup, 1 cup wine and 1 tsp lemon juice, stir and heat.  Serve with chicken as a sauce.

Enjoy this dish as much as my family did and I hope it helps you make some memories down the road that we call life.  This is all I can do for tonight I have a busy day tomorrow.  I will try to post ASAP.  So thanks for letting me share this with you and I wish you Happy Trails.  Much Love to you all, Madjon.

No comments:

Post a Comment