Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Crock Pot Shredded Roast Beef Taco Meat

Hello to all my foodie friends out in web land hope all is well.  You know its getting really close to spring and am going to be working in our garden to bring on some fresh vegetables to use in my test kitchen to see what new discoveries I can make from them.  I so look forward to the spring because its like a new beginning and everything smells fresh and clean.  A new birth to be enjoyed by all.  Today am passing on a recipe for my shredded Roast Beef for tacos that I make in a slow cooker or crock pot.  These are really tasty its like the taco's that you get in Denver and you can also use a pork roast as well.  When you make these just make sure you keep your juices with the meat so it doesn't dry out.  I shred the meat with two forks in a side by side motion.  The meat should cook  for at least 6 to 7 hours in a slow cooker or crock pot.  When you are seasoning the meat make sure to rub your spices onto the meat.  I serve this with Lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pepper, cheese, and a salsa in a warm corn or flour shells.  To warm your shells you heat them in s cast iron skillet on medium heat on both sides of the shell, I spray my pan to oil them a little.  Also when you place the meat in the pot put your onions on the bottom of the meat and spices on top, then you add the liquid.  Any who give this recipe a try.

Crock Pot Shredded Roast Beef Taco Meat

3-4 pound Roast
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powders
3 TBSP Chili Powder


2 tsp. Cumin
1 Onion Chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup Beer

Rub the roast with the splices, grease your pot for easy cleaning.  Place you onion and garlic in the pot.  Then add your roast, cilantro, and beer.  Cook on high for about 6 to 7 hours or until your roast is nice and tender to pull with your forks.  Bon'a Y'all.

Please if you have any questions about this recipe or any recipes that your working on please drop me a email at madjon51@aol.com or leave a comment here on the blog.  I just love hearing from you all.  Come like my fan page on face book or give me a tweet.  Happy Trails to you until we meet again and FYI I hate dieting I don't get to eat all the foods I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment