Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

French Onion Soup Easy Way For Cooking With MadJon TV Show

Hello to all my foodie friend out there in Web Land bringing you another blog and this time its from friends who want a easy French Onion Soup recipe that is still tasty.  However that said whenever I make my French Onion Soup I make it with a whole Chicken or Beef Bones boiled with bay leaves, diced Celery and Onions that have been browned in butter.  Then I start this recipe.  I use the left over chicken for Chicken Salad Sandwiches.  I usually do this recipe in the spring when the sweet onions have decided to come to full bloom.  I had my friend John Vaughn on with another guest and I was making a fish dish and I also had to fry him Chicken after all he is from Aiken and Southern.  Any who you can see the French Onion Soup bowl in this picture and by the way for your FYI you can also get DVDs  now on the cooking shows thorough the Aiken Standard.  Just Google it on the web and you will find it after all that's how I found it.  Any way this is a good recipe for you to try.

French Onion Soup



Recipe 46

John Vaughn

French Onion Soup

2 large cans Beef Broth
4 Beef Bouillon
6 Large Onions Sliced
9 cloves Garlic Minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Bay Leafs
1 tsp.dried thyme, crushed
3 TBSP Sherry
2 tsp. Mrs. Dashes
2 tsp. Onion and Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
3 TBSP Sugar
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 Stick Butter

Heat the beef broth, beef bouillon to simmer with all the spices add salt, pepper and simmer. Heat the butter with the onions and garlic. Cook them until they are clear in color. Then add the onion mix to the broth and add the sugar, lemon juice, Sherry, Worcestershire sauce. Serve topped with a white cheese and toasted bread
If you want more flavor from the
Worcestershire sauce just add a little more, taste it first, you can always add more to a recipe but you can't take it out.

Hope you stay warm out there come follow me please on this blog of mine and also come like my fan page on Face Book called, "Cooking With MadJon & Friends.  Happy Trails and happy cooking until we meet again.  MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment