Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Buttermilk Bread Father's Day Friday the 13th & Graduation

Hello foodie friends out there in this thing called Web Land.  I know I have a lot to cover from the title but I've been busy.  First lets give you the recipe for the Buttermilk Bread in case that's all your interested in on this blog.  I made this recipe for bridge night the other day and I used my bread machine its easier on me, however there is no need, you can just do the the old fashioned way.





If you bread comes out right it should look like the last picture.  One more thing if you don't have all te ingredients of a recipe then don't make it the recipe gets blamed and not the cook if the dish isn't what you like.  However when I make this recipe I added a egg to the mix but you don't have too use a egg.

Buttermilk Bread

Buttermilk 1 1/2 cups
Butter 3 Tbs
Sugar 3 Tbs
Salt 1 tsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Flour 3 1/2 cups
Instant Yeast 2 tsp
Egg optional

Place all ingredients in your bread machine. Close your lid and hit crust desired and Rapid cycle. Let loaf cool before cutting. Some people say to use King Arthur Flour or bread flour I use regular flour.  No problem just sift the dry ingredients my friends.  Enjoy.  I like the bread hot with Butter

This is a picture of me and my hubby and it is fathers day so I say Happy Father's Day to him and thanks for giving me my children.  However am really the one who gave them to him, His act only took few seconds, it lasted nine months plus for me, like all their lives being a mom.  Its easier for men I think.  The only one its not easy for are the men with out wives and they are playing both fields.    Any who my dad was a nice man when he wasn't drinking to much and then all hell broke lose so I can only say Happy Fathers Day to him only we lost him at the age of 57.  That's another story!  He did the best he could with what he knew or had been though with his parents.  Crazy world we live in sometimes for some of us.  He never freely said I love you to any of us, so am really not missing him to much now.  Its been a long time without him but I know his generation was a lot different then now but living with him as a child was not boring, that's for sure.  He made lots of money, did feed us and scared the hell out of us a lot.  He took all over this here Untied States and sometimes in the middle of the night.  He was a womanizer so that got him in trouble some!  Any who Happy Father's Day to you all.  Our grand daughter graduated and will be a college women in the fall.  Am so excited for her and she keeps changing her flavors of the month as well.  Am glad for that the boys come and go  Its fun to try on different hats she needs to so she'll know when she finds one that fits her.  Not any time soon I don't think but you never know.  Let's talk about Friday the 13th that's a story or folklore that I could write and read on for years.  There are different story's out there about why we have a Friday the 13th you could read The Da Vinci Code.  It suggest the mystery is about the "Sophie", is the "Holy Grail" and that's what the knights Templar found.  I don't know what the Pope or church was trying to hide?  Is it a mystery or really a superstition?   What was the secret that got the knights killed and they were able to blackmail the church.  It started our banking system way back in the 1300's from what I've read.  Any who I'd like to know what they found for sure wouldn't you? Well you can check it out on the web.  However if you are superstitious don't drive on Friday the 13th.  The English did a study for a few years with drivers on that day and found it isn't safer to drive on Friday the 13th.  Hospital visits were up from car wrecks and there are less drivers on the roads that day.  INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK?

Any who please try this recipe and e-mail me at madjon51@aol.com with any questions about recipes.  Come like my fan page on face book at, Cooking With MadJon & Friends/.  Watch the cooking show at aikenstandard.tv.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment