Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Luck Of The Irish I Give You With Irish Soda Bread




Hello foodie friends out in web land and good St. Paddy's Day to ya!  I wish you the luck of the Irish and all that stuff there.  Make sure you wear some green so that pinch will not be.  Any who I love St Paddy's Day and love all the food that it brings to mind.  Foods that are healthy and hearty with lots of Potatoes and Meats.  Food like Irish Soda Bread, which has no yeast or oil and the soda and buttermilk act like the leavening agent.  A cross cut into the top of the bread is to help rise and, according to Irish folklore, to either ward off evil or let the fairies out. Another food is Roasted Leeks with Parsley, yum, yum.  Dublin Coddle and Kipper & Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing.  People eating lots of Irish foods out there tomorrow.  Any who that food I'll be talking about later int he year.  I think I should take one cookbook and give you recipes to try from it, beginning to end.  Tell me what you think of that?  Any who I made this with our dinner last night and my hubby and I are still eating on it with the soup I served.  This is really a easy way to make home-made bread for your family and served warm, yum yum.  I'd like to see you add some caraway seeds to the mix  Please give it a try and don't party to much with the green beer and stuff. Please visit my web site at http://chefmadjon-com.mybigcommerce.com/

Irish Soda Bread

This makes one loaf.  Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees and bake the bread for about 35 to 40 minutes.
vegetable oil for the pan
3 1/2 cups Bread Flour
plus extra for dusting the dough
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 3/4 cups Buttermilk

Pre-heat oven to 425 and oil the pan.  Sift flour and add the salt and baking soda to the mix.  Add the buttermilk slowly and mix till the dough is well blended.  lightly dust a surface and pour the mix onto the flour and knead a little but not to much.  Foam into a 8" round circle and cut a cross on the top with a sharp knife. Then place the dough on a oiled baking pan.  Bake until it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.  Cool on a rack and serve warm.  Bon'a Y'all.

Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Please email me at madjon51@aol.com with any food or recipe questions and come like my fan page on face book.

No comments:

Post a Comment