Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Holidays DC American Turkey Meat Loaf Obama Victory Cake

Well hello to all you foodies out there in web land, I hope all is well and that you had a Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends.  My hubby and I went to DC again and just loved it.  They served Ham, Turkey, Dressing, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potato's and a Mixed Fruit Pie and Baked Apple Turnovers.  All was well in the hood and tasty I might add.  My son had friends and family this Thanksgiving at their home in the hood, as they call it.  We talked about the election and even though I batted for the other team when it all came down to it.  The Dem's want the same things for America as I do.  They want to be free and live with out government control and live where we can prosper as a nation.  We are all Americans living in this big melting pot of people with all the same dreams of what America should be.  So on this Thanksgiving I give thanks for every American and for our freedom and I say God Bless to the men and women who help keep us free.  Now let's talk about what other foods we made while I was in DC.  I made a Pecan Pie for Peggy Parnell and I made stir fried Collard Greens and Meat Loaf for the Hood party for my friend Anne Seymour. Then to show my support for our Presidents re-election I made a Blue-berry Obama Victory Cake.  Which I will be sharing at another time.  So am ready to share a few pictures from our Thanksgiving with you all on this blog.  We also hung out at the DC Market down Town and I always love looking at all the fresh meats and foods there.  If you are ever in DC on the weekend you need to stop by for a wonderful experience.

Turkey Meat Loaf

2 pounds Ground Turkey Meat
1.5 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Onion, diced
 4 Gloves Garlic, minced
1 8 oz. can Tomatoes Sauce
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 Egg
1 package crushed Saltine Crackers
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
2 tsp. Yellow Mustard

Sauce:
2 TBSP. Brown Sugar
1 Cup Ketchup
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce

Mix your first 14 ingredients together until well blended.  Place mixture in a greased pan.  Mix your sauce together and pour it over the meat loaf.  Place it in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour covered and 15 minutes uncovered. You may wish to add the Bell Pepper on top of your loaf or add some jalapenos on top. What ever fits your pallet.




No comments:

Post a Comment