Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Salad Greens With Cranberry and Orange Slices & Lemon Salad Dressing

Well hello to all my foodie friends out there in Web Land I hope your summer is working out for you.  Well I've been busy with Catering and I had a fund raiser last Friday at the Wilcox and our theme was Hunger Games and I made dishes with alot of berries and wild game like Bacon wrapped Quail with a Blueberry Sauce and Feta Cheese on top.  Then with that i made some Creamed Parsnips with Leeks.  A Cranberry Walnut Zucchini Breakfast Bread and some Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies.  Everyone loved the foods I had selected.  They didn't want to try the Parsnips but after a couple of them ate them then everyone was talking about how good they were and they just had to try them.  Then I filmed with the Women Of Wood side and had a blast.  They made some Rosemary Baked Salmon, Carrots and Grapes, Lemon Rice, Oyster Stew, Herb Beer Bread, and Baked Alaska.  Did you know that the Baked Alaska recipe came from like the 1887 and a chef made it up because of the USA buying Alaska from Russia. I worked with Rita, Gail and our host was Suzanne.  Nice ladies and their group does fund raisers around the Aiken area and they also have about five cook books that they have made over the last five years.  There are some good recipes in those books.  Sorry you can't buy the books as yet but they are thinking about selling them for charity.  Any who a good time was had by all.  Today am going to give you one of the Salads I did on my TV show "Cooking With MadJon and Friends."  I'd like for yo to go and like my fan page on FB https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithMadjon and also go view some of the TV shows at http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95.

Cranberry Orange Salad With Lemon Dressing

Dressing:

1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Oil
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 TBSP Sugar

Mix all ingredient's till well blended.

5 Cups Salad Greens
1 Orange Slices, peeled
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberry's
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped

Place all ingredients into a large bowl and pour salad dressing over the salad right before serving.  Serves eight.

Well I hope you give this recipe a try and email with any questions or recipes that you would like to share at madjon51@aol.com.  Happy trails to you and yours and please enjoy the summer.  MadJon.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on linkin and wanted to show the love to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help! I hope you enjoy these recipes and some of the stories.

    ReplyDelete